12

"You gonna keep working your body off until it gets tired?"Coach Cynthia asked as I continued to practice on the horizontal bars.

"Yep."

"I know I said take your time to answer your parents but it's been a week, sweetheart."She responded as I continued to move around the horizontal bars and try to mimic the techniques that she taught me today.

"The same way they took their time to tell me this is the same way I'm going to take my time to talk to them."I replied before I swung off the horizontal bar and landed on the mattress.

"Well, Warning. Your mother is in town."She nonchalantly said which made me roll my eyes as I grabbed my towel and wiped my sweat off my face.

"Good for her."I muttered as I grabbed my towel and stuffed it into my duffle bag.

"You're done for the day."Coach Cynthia said as she gave me a small smile and walked out of the gym which made me sigh heavily as I grabbed my duffle bag and left the gym.

"Imani."I sighed heavily and turned around to see Quincy.

"Are you ever going to leave me alone?"I asked as I crossed my arms and watched him walk towards me.

"Imani, I have been trying to apologise because I miss my friend. Just hear me out."he pleaded as he stepped closer.

"Sure."I muttered impatiently as I looked up at him.

"I'm sorry for forcing myself onto you, Imani. Last week I was going to tell you that I'm playing my first match this Friday and I was hoping that you would come."he explained with a small smile which made me feel guilty.

"I'll think about it."I simply said as I gave him a short nod before I turned to walk away.

"Uh, can I walk you to your dorm, please?"he asked as he walked besides me.

"I don't think you'll take no as an answer."I joked as I laughed.

"I was not but its polite to ask otherwise it would look like I'm following you."he muttered as he laughed nervously which made me laugh too before I shrugged and walked with him.

"How have you been? Lemme get that for you."he asked as he gave me a comforting smile before he took my duffle bag which made me sigh heavily.

"Damn, it's crazy how that becomes a loading question as you grow."I admitted as I crossed my arms and looked down at my feet.

"I've got all day."he started as he shrugged his shoulders and looked down at me before he pushed a door open for me.

"Thank you, I just learnt that my parents aren't my parents."I replied as I walked into the building and waited for him to come in too which he eventually did as he looked down at me with confusion.

"So you are adopted?"he asked in confusion which made me laugh at his confused expression.

"Yes and No? I would rather say stolen."I explained which made him widen his eyes in shock before looking down at me in disbelief.

"Okay should I be worried why you are telling me this nonchalantly?"he asked as he scratched the back of his ear with concern.

"I guess it is because I have not let it sink in yet? I don't want to believe someone I met a few months ago."I replied which made him nod his head slowly.

"Damn, that is crazy. I still have questions but I am not going to ask because I am sure you want to ask the same questions."he replied whilst chuckling making me laugh to as we approached my dorm room.

"I will catch up with you later?"he asked as he looked up at my dorm.

"Wait, I still have your Jersey. Take it otherwise I will never bring it back."I muttered as I opened my door to see both my parents sitting on my bed.