Chapter Two

Chapter Two: To King's Landing

Vhaela Targaryen

The flight on the dragon was an indescribable moment in my life. From the cold wind's attacks against my cheeks to the breeze that flows through my hair, simply being atop of a dragon was an experience that soothed an unknowing craving deep within me.

A piercing whistle roars out from underneath me as my father's dragon urgently ascends in the air. The frantic flap of his wings was the only thing that reminded me that I was not the one taking flight. 

Around us, the night sky quickly fades, allowing the soft glow of the sun to peak over the horizon. In the far distance, I spot a castle that was infinitely larger than of my own. Cascading around stands towers that rise toward the sky with varying degrees of height.

I tilt my head up against my father's chest, attempting to see his face. However, his attention is fixed on a large dome-like contraption as he leads his dragon toward the open pit. His dragon, Caraxes, slowly descends towards the opening and lets outs a roar as his feet hit the land.

I look around at the men who surround Caraxes with spears in their hands. In his anger, he sweeps his long tail around on the floor causing a few to stubble on the ground. The prince presses his hand upon his dragon's scales which seems to calm him down.

My father dismounts his dragon and extends his arms out to assist me down. As my feet touch the ground softly, I make my way back to Caraxes. With a gentle stroke of my hand, I express my thanks to him.

The dragons head turns towards me, and he releases out a puff of smoke through his nostrils. His action causes me to giggle in glee. At the sound of my laughter, his head moves closer, and he intently stares into me. My father the approaches me and places his hands on my shoulders.

He then leads me away from his dragon and towards the exit of the giant pit. We slowly make our way deeper toward the giant castle that I saw from the skies. Looking around the city was quite different than Runestone.

It smells awful and is littered with people at every step. We were lucky enough to have a horse to ride through the roads. The people looked at my father and his silver hair in awe. Most moved out of the way when they saw him nearby. But that could have just been because of the horse or the guards.

Others look my way, and their eyes move to my silver hair that matches my father's. A slew of guards with golden cloaks then come to view on the horizon. With the appearance of my father all the men appear grateful for his return.

Approaching the gate of the tall castle towers my father lowers his head to mine and says, "Welcome to your new home."

During our journey over on dragon back, my father explained to me that I was now to live with him. With my mother's death, I was now his responsibility and where he went, I would follow. Which for the time being I didn't have a problem with.