Chapter Thirty-Nine

IMPORTANT NOTE

IMPORTANT NOTE

For those of you who remember Vhaela has a cousin in Runestone. Originally his name was Tarik (I knew that name sounded familiar lol) and I of course can't have two characters named the same thing as it would be confusing! So, her cousin's name is now Elrin! I have already changed it in chapter thirteen so if you read it after I changed it you can ignore this! 

Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Reign of Fire

Vhaela Targaryen 

I wait outside my chamber door listening to the sound of footsteps walking by. I knew Tarik was still standing guard in front. I just needed to wait for him to leave for something. But I have been sitting waiting for a couple of hours now.

The morning sun now pierces through my window and encases the room in a small glow. I sigh against the chamber door. I am starting to grow impatient. If I was going to leave before my father catches me, I needed to leave before sunrise.

He would be too late by then.

But for this to work I needed to leave now. I let out a heavy gruff and begin to stand from my seated position against the chamber door. I jerk the door open and find Tarik's back facing me. At the sound, he turns to face me.

I look at him with narrowed eyes as he gives me a pointed stare.

He knew what I was planning. Ugh.

Tarik tilts his head as he warns me "Vhaela your father told you to wait for him."

I let out a heavy sigh and my arms start to cross over my chest. Just because he said that doesn't mean I am going to listen to him. Runestone is now relying on me, and I need to be there. If we waited any longer, I am sure my father will figure out a way for me not to go.

"I am leaving now," I say to him before I try to move past him.

Tarik moves in front of me blocking my path. This automatically makes me glare up into his eyes. I then begin to move again in front of him, but he once again blocks my path. This was only causing me to become more frustrated.

Tarik then says, "I can't let you leave."

My eyebrows rise in shock at his statement. It causes me to take a step backward as my arms begin to uncross. Okay, now I am fed up.

I then point my finger at him as I tell him "You have no authority to tell me what to do. You are a knight, and I am your lady."

Tarik stands and tilts his chin up higher as he listens to me. I knew I was most likely pissing him off but at that moment I didn't care. I start to walk closer to him, and he slowly moves back with each step that I take.

"Now I am going, and you are going to stay here and not say a word." I finish off.

My eyes glare up at him as I try to get my point across. I watch as Tarik lets out a heavy sigh which causes his shoulders to rise and fall. He then begins to turn sideways allowing me access to leave my chamber hallway.