Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Thirty-Two: The Never-Ending Fight

Vhaela Targaryen 

I sit on the floor of the cold floor of Aegon's chamber. My little half-brother sits near me with a stuffed dragon in his hands. He waves it around as if it was flying through the sky in front of him. A high-pitched giggle emits from him as he watches the dragon's wings bounce.

A soft smile forms on my lips at his action. He is such a happy child. It was amazing to see his ignorance of everything going on around him. How he was not aware of his mother's hatred for me. Or even his half-brothers.

It was why I often would find myself in his presence when I wanted company. I did not feel as though I needed to behave or control my anger around him. If I said something he did not like it was very likely he did not even understand it.

Aegon then moves the stuffed dragon toward me and offers it to me. I take it with a soft smile and move my hand to his almost white-silver hair. His hair was very short and was seemingly slow to grow. But there was no saying he was not a pure Targaryen.

His eyes were not at all similar to my father's as his was a dark purple compared to a light lilac. Aegon then starts to crawl his way over to me and into my lap. I allow him to sit in my lap and try to distract him with his stuffed dragon.

He however had other plans as his fingers move to my hair. Aegon sharply begins to pull on it which causes a small giggle to escape him. My face scrunches up from the sharp tugs that starts to burn my scalp.

I gently try to remove his fingers from my hair but fail as it only makes him hold on tighter. A soft sigh releases from me as I give up and allow him to continue pulling on my hair. He shifts and climbs in my lap trying to find better access to my long hair.

It was crazy to think that Helaena would now have to take care of two children. I could only handle Aegon in small portions before he drove me mad. Helaena continues to write me letters, but they now come slower and more spaced out.

It was understandable with her having to adjust to her new life with being a mother. And I certainly could not blame her for it. I knew she would make a remarkable mother. She has always been caring and kind towards everyone.

Her letters always contain something to do with the twins. Her daughter, Jaehaera, has yet to cry again since her birth. Helaena would tell me how it concerned her mother, but she was never bothered by her silent child.

On the other hand, her son, Jaehaerys, was growing larger every single day. It was also found by the maester that he had six toes on each of his feet. Helaena did not seem to mind that and was rather just concerned about how happy he was.

It always warmed my heart to hear of her children. I had only wished I got to spend more time with them after her birth. When my father finally made his way to Helaena's chamber, he dragged me away from them all and demanded we return.