Chapter Fifty-Two

^^ Above is art I had commissioned specifically for this chapter! It was made by chocologicalart on fiverr

^^ Above is art I had commissioned specifically for this chapter! It was made by chocologicalart on fiverr. I hope you all like it! ^^

Chapter Fifty-Two: A Secret Ceremony 

Vhaela Targaryen 

My bare feet pound against the floor as I travel through the hallways of the castle. With each turn I slide a little with the speed I travel at. Beside me, I hear a laugh let out which causes one of my own to escape from me.

I turn my head and watch as Helaena runs beside me with the trail of her lilac dress in hand. On the other, she holds her shoes matching my action. We dash through the hallways and weave through the castle heading to her chamber.

As we approach her chamber we skid to a halt, and I watch as the kingsguard gives us a confused expression. He takes a step forward before tilting his head and looking at either side of the hallway. Trying to find any danger.

But as he moves to turn around, we already are escaping through the doorway and harshly shutting the door. At the slam, our backs pressed against the doorway and we heavy out in heavy breaths. We both turn to look at each other and at that we begin to giggle.

The crown that was recently placed on Helaena's head still stands perfectly placed in her silver hair. My eyes move up to look at the delicate gold crown. I watch as Helaena drops her shoes before reaching up and taking the crown off her.

The smile on her lips slowly begins to fade as she examines the crown. Her eyes wander over the multicolored jewels and the gold detailing of her mother's crown. Helaena then slowly turns to me with a light frown.

"Rhaenyra is going to try to kill me, isn't she?" She softly asks me.

My eyebrows furrow in anger at her question. But the anger was not directed towards her but instead at her older half-sister. At my harsh stare, her frown deepens which causes my glare to quickly vanish. I let out a soft sigh.

I shake my head as I tell her firmly, "I won't let her get anywhere near you Helaena. I promise."

Her head turns down to stare at the floor. I take a small step toward her which causes her to pull up her gaze. Her lilac eyes meet my blue ones as I try to confirm my statement silently. A soft smile appears on my lips and soon one travels to her lips.

But her head darts towards her chambers as she tells me with a smile, "We have to get you ready!"

With her free hand, she grabs my own and drags me deep into her chamber. She pulls me to a tall panel divider and pushes me to the other side. As she comes out of my view, I hear her footsteps race toward the other side of the room.

I let out a small laugh and begin to remove my black dress. My hand reaches to my side and slides down the fabric before I reach behind me and begin to undo the buttons that connect my dress. The pure black fabric slides down my body and hits the floor.