Epilogue

Epilogue

6 years later

Vhaela Targaryen 

I gracefully stride along the marble floor of my home, allowing the swift breeze to tickle the sheer fabric covering my arms. The breeze helps to break up the hot, heavy air that circulates in the atmosphere. It seemed that any time of day would cause you to break a sweat.

Upon entering the great room, I move towards the large standing bookcase and glance at the vast selection of Old Valyrian stories. Over the past years, it seems that I have read each of these at least twice.

I don't think I could ever grow tired of them.

My black dress sways with the small movements I make as I walk along the shelf, slowly inspecting which one to read next. I drag my finger along the spine of one of my favorites before the sound of rapid footsteps stirs my attention.

A smile breaks across my lips as I hear the sound of my child's voice yell out, "Muña! Muña!" (Mother! Mother!)

I softly chuckle to myself before responding, "Kessa, issa byka perzys."

When I shift my gaze, I see Aerion bounding toward me, his face lights up with a bright smile on his lips. He crashes into my legs and grabs onto the hem of my dress and jumps up and down in pure excitement. My heart warms at the sight of my spirited child.

Aerion then lifts his chin and tells me while showing off his hair, "Look! Look! Look at my hair!"

Tilting his head from side to side, I can't help but notice the intricate rows of braids that travel along the side of his head, trailing down to his neck. The lower section of his silver hair flows freely below his shoulders. While the top of his head holds a thick central braid that moves towards the back of his neck.

I give a nod of my head as I inspect the braids before telling him, "You look very handsome, issa jorrāelagon." (My love.)

My words cause Aerion's smile to broaden, and he excitedly tells me while tugging at my arms, "Jaehaera did it! She says I look like a real warrior now!"

A soft chuckle escapes from me in response to his words, and my hand lovingly strokes his cheek. While the braids did give him a warrior-like appearance, it wasn't just the braids. No, it was the striking resemblance to Aemond that truly made him look like a warrior.

He possesses his deep lilac eyes and straight, silver-white hair. As well as his nose that bears a subtle aquiline curve with a small bump along the bridge. Nevertheless, the sole features he seems to have inherited from me are my intense eyebrows and sharp jawline.

As I caress his cheek, I playfully squeeze his nose, eliciting a giggle in response. Then, I move down and plant multiple kisses on his cheek. Aerion laughs while trying to evade the exaggerated kisses I shower him with.