Chapter 22

Author's POV 

Inky blackness prevailed in the night sky. The ethereal silver-white moon hung in the sky, with stars shining brightly around the moon. The soft wind whispered with each other.

Ishaan brought two ice-creams and went towards Saanvi. She was lost in her thoughts. Ishaan frowned. She is behaving very weird. Throughout the ride, Saanvi was unusually quiet and only nodded or spoke very less. She didn't smile nor laughed.

She didn't even act stubbornly. Ishaan wanted to lift her mood, so he brought the ice cream for her. Seeing her distressed is making him restless.

Ishaan gave her the ice cream, which she took without any question and started licking it. Saanvi wasn't confused now. She knows what she feels for Ishaan. It's not crush, maybe something more intense than crush. She shook her head.

'No Saanvi. Don't think like this. This will only bring destruction. Ishaan and Saanvi? It won't be possible. He only thinks you as a friend, nothing more.' She scolded herself.

But she can't ignore the feeling. She knows what she feels is more than a crush or liking. She is afraid of her feeling. She is afraid that she will be left heartbroken. She is afraid that she will be left alone. She is afraid of his rejection.

F E A R . The feeling itself is a barrier. Barrier of courage and hope. It's just a one word with four letters, but the depth of the feeling can't be measured. It can make a stronger person weak. Sometime, fear is what makes people helpless. For Saanvi, Ishaan is her weakness and strength. She is afraid of losing her strength.

She was licking slowly and Ishaan was staring at her. The action was innocent, but her Innocent action had stirred something in him… May be desire, an urge to claim her. He took heavy breaths looking her.

He stared intensely how her tongue was licking the ice cream. He felt Jealous of the ice cream. How he wished to be the ice cream for a second. His eyes darted towards her pink, soft luscious lips. How he wanted to kiss them badly.

He couldn't help but to think about the softness of her lips. How will they taste? How cold they feel against his own. He licked his lips and averted his eyes when Saanvi looked at him. Her lips are So Distracting. He mumbled to himself and looked away.

Saanvi stared at him. She felt his eyes and when she looked he averted his eyes. Saanvi took her time to admire him. He has a perfect muscular body. In fact a drool worthy body. No doubts why girls stare at him like an Ice cream.

She felt Jealous, thinking of girls staring at him. His perfect set of jaws and high cheekbones are mesmerizing. He is breathtakingly handsome. ' I want our children to look like him' A thought crossed in her mind.

She wanted to slap herself. Children with Ishaan. Not possible in this birth. She huffed at her thoughts. They have a comfortable yet awkward silence prevailed between them.

“Let's play something" Ishaan said, making her look at his beautiful hazel orbs.

" Truth And Dare" Saanvi immediately said, making Ishaan nod.

"Truth or dare" Saanvi asked first.

" I will ask you first. Truth or Dare" He said

" No. I asked you first" She said.

" But I suggested you to play. So my turn first" He said stubbornly.

" But I suggested this game so I will ask you first" She said making him sigh.

“Truth” He said

“ Do you like someone. As in someone Romantically. Umm, like Romeo and Juliet?" She asked stuttering. She was dreading for his answer. His answer will decide her life.

Ishaan was taken aback by her question. It felt like she was waiting to question him. She is Jealous. He was sure of it.

" Yes. I like someone" He said looking at her eyes. ' and that someone is you. I like you, doll. Heck i love you so much my heart' he said in his mind.

That's it. She got her answer. It's the end. There won't be a future for her feelings. It's better to stop feeling like this.

“Who” She asked with a fake smile. She knows the answer. Its Mishka. But her stupid heart wants to hear from him to break her every hope.

“ One question a time” He said, averting his eyes. Heck. This was worst for him. The look on her face is killing him inch by inch. Damn it.

" Truth. I choose truth, "  She said trying to control her tears.

" Tell me what can't you live without, " Ishaan asked casually.

“Tum” She answered looking at him. (You)

She can live without anything, but not without him. He has become a habit for her. Her mornings and night started and ended with him. He wakes her up and tuck her to bed.

For her, he is everything. Her Everything. Aan nhi hai toh kuch bhi nhi. ( If there is no Ishaan, there is nothing).

Her blunt reply stunned him. He didn't expect her to answer bluntly. His heart sped up with her one word.

She averted her eyes and asked," can we go now?”

“ Yeah. If you'd like.” He answered.

“Then let's go" She said and started to walk away from him.

Their ride back to home was a silent one. Her hairs fluttered, and she kept her head on his back , wrapping her hands around his torso. Maybe it's the last time she will be having him this close.

Ishaan was feeling the warmth. Her head against his back and arms around his torso. He wished to tell her his feelings. But he can't because he is ISHAAN MALHOTRA and no one rejects him. He wants to be sure that his feelings are reciprocated from her too. He wanted to marry her, but with her consent.

But if things didn't end well with his planning, he will be left with no choice other than to force her, make her his forcefully by hook or crook.

Ishaan kept her nightdress on her bed and was about to go out of her room, when Saanvi entered with a gloomy face.

Her sadness was hurting him and she wasn't aware of it. Her happiness and smile made him feel like he is in the ninth cloud, yet she wasn't aware.

She hugged him tightly, burying her head into his chest, where she belonged. His heart.

Ishaan hugged her back. It was supposed to be a normal hug, but Saanvi didn't felt anything normal. She felt tingles in her body. She felt peace in his arms.

Ishaan became startled when she kissed him where his heart belonged. Where she belonged.

' I am sorry, Aan. I know what I am going to do will hurt both of us, but it is best for us. For Me' She said in her mind, her eyes had pain and determination in them.

Ishaan kissed her forehead lovingly, mumbling" good night doll. “ She, too, wished him, and he left towards his room.

She saw her retreating and whispered " you are my whole world Aan. I don't know how I am, we are going to manage without each other". A tear rolled from her eyes and she made no effort to wipe them.

Ishaan smiled, remembering his doll. The way she kissed him felt so surreal to him. His phone binged with a notification.

He checked and it was from his Private Investor. He had asked his private investor to investigate on the boy who was seen with his doll.

He checked his name and his schedule of the day. He smirked, " no one can get away trying to snatch my doll. "