Background

13th December 2022

Dear Snowflake,

I am actually very relieved to know that I am no longer insufferable. It's a real sanity booster. So, thanks for letting me know that.

And to answer your questions...

I am extremely conflicted as to if I should tell you this or not. But if I really think about it, it's not like I haven't already ruined my image so really, I don't have much to lose anyway.

Let's start with a little background:

Everybody in our family loves Christmas. Maybe it's because my grandparents spent more than half of their lives in Europe and it's more prevalent there. Even my mom met my dad on the day of the first snow (Crazy, right?).

Anyway, not to bore you with too many details—long story short, I love Christmas. We all do. And obviously, we have traditions. Watching those Hallmark movies is one of them. Another one is spending Christmas with my grandparents. Since it doesn't snow here, we visit them every winter. We rarely ever miss it. And even if for some reason, we couldn't make it, they'd visit us here.

However this year, none of those things are happening. The reason? Me. And now I am stuck in my room, staring at the same four walls sixteen hours a day. Have been for the past two months. I don't leave the house unless it's for hospital visits or to visit the parks nearby where dad makes me go sometimes. And now there's no Christmas for me this year. No winters like I love, no snow, no grandparents. This Christmas sucks. Absolutely, completely, wholly.

I know all that must have sounded very childish but I am furious and upset. 2022 was supposed to be my year. It was my year until everything went absolutely downhill.

So to answer your first and second questions. Particular reason? This. Why I lied? This.

And about the movie recommendation? Just pick anything. They all resonate the same vibe. But if I'll really have to—seeing how things started between us—I'd say Christmas Pen Pals :)

Coming to more interesting parts...

You are 23, Snowflake?! All the while I had been imagining a (no offense!) middle-aged man who is half bald. Now I gotta change that image in my head.

Woah, you're only a couple of years older than me. I'd ask what it's like being 23 but I don't think it'd be much different from being 21, is it? Do let me know.

Icebreaker and no lies? So basically I'm going to ask some questions, you're going to answer back and vice versa, right? That sounds like something I can do! Done!

Let's start with the simple ones:

The story behind your alias Snowflake.Why did you choose to study medical science?What colour are your eyes?What's the colour of the walls of your room? Why do you have such good handwriting? It is so neat. How?

Signing off,

Chainsaw