Last

30th December 2022

Pete,

I don't know where to start. I don't understand why I feel like this is something I need to do. Hell, I'm not even sure if you'd even bother to read it. I don't know why I'm writing this after all that happened. I don't know if you know this, but I found out about the thing my mom asked of you. And I'm just... here. Stuck again. Thrown back to where I was but this time with newfound wounds.

Pete.

Pete, I trusted you. I know you told me not to and I still did. I can't even blame you because you warned me. You warned me again and again. And now I'm here feeling like a fool.

And after everything, what I don't understand the most is why you had to stop writing. I can't figure out your reasons. I can make a list of points but I don't want to make any assumptions. But I do know one thing, and it is driving me crazy because this was not supposed to happen. Nothing was supposed to go like this. None of it. And now I miss you. I miss you so much when I shouldn't and I don't know what to do.

I think it's because I've always hated incomplete things because if this is how it is going to end, I need a better ending to this. I need answers. A better closure. I know I'm not entitled to ask for anything, but can you do at least that much for me? For the sake of every good thing we had? I don't know how much you really meant what you said anymore, but I meant everything. Every single word. And I so desperately wish that there was a switch I could just turn off and not care at all. But here I am.

I am still here and I can't stop caring. I've always been pathetic, haven't I?

I'll take my last shot because what more can I lose? Right?

So this is me writing to you my last ever letter.

If it's not too much to ask, please meet me an hour before midnight on New Year's Eve? At 11 pm on 31st December. Under the Tower at City Square. Like I believed we would before I knew the truth.

If this is really the end, I'd like to end this right.

I'll be waiting. Like always.

Vegas