Surprises

14th December 2022

Dear Chainsaw,

A half-bald man? Now I'm imagining you profusely apologizing to this middle-aged man and it's such an entertaining image to me. Sorry to disappoint you though because I still have quite a lot of hair left on my head xP

I think you're right. Two years doesn't change many things except in those two years, I feel like I've aged thrice as much. Definitely gotten wiser. And realised a lot of things. A few of those were how important it is to be kind and stay true to myself—something my 21-year-old-self struggled a lot with. There have been some good changes and some...less good changes, but all-in-all, I've grown (physically, mentally and emotionally) as a person in more ways than I could imagine and I like it so there's that. Am I blabbering here? I hope not.

Anyway, moving on!

You are so full of surprises, Chainsaw. I can't believe you had been hiding your true self all this while. Why would you? Do you know your personality got some real potential to become awesome like me? Or even better than me.

Your whole Christmas tradition thing? It sounds so fun! I'm almost envious. I never touched any real snow in my whole life (I desperately want to though).

I'll let you in on a life mantra. Some things are worth getting childish about. And in your case? Totally valid. I'd take this kind of 'childishness' over that 'first-letter-childishness' any day :D

Also, your parents met on the day of the first snow? This is so beautiful! I love this.

By the way, I have been meaning to ask you something but had been avoiding asking this question earlier because I wasn't sure if I should. I am still not sure. BUT if you don't feel comfortable about it, just let me know. You don't have to answer it.

"It was my year until everything went absolute downhill," hospital visits, your mother wanting you to start your life again, and you know, a whole lot of other things you mentioned. What did you mean by these things? Are you okay, Chainsaw? (I wish I knew a better way to ask this).

Again, you don't have to answer if you don't feel comfortable.

Now the fun part! I'm excited to answer these questions!

The story behind my alias Snowflake?

You probably would have guessed it already. I love snow—yes, even if I haven't ever touched it. And the snowflakes are so beautiful and delicate. Plus, it fits the theme!

Why did I choose to study medical science?

I used to sometimes spend long hours in the waiting room or doctor's room of the hospital when I was younger. Both my parents were in the medical field. They inspired me. Didn't think I would be able to do it but somehow, here I am—already in my last year. I hope they are proud.

Colour of my eyes?

I think it's plain boring brown.

Colour of the walls of my room?

That's the most random question ever!
Back at home, it's sky blue. Here in the dorm, it's different shades of yellow. The ceiling is bright yellow and the rest of the walls are light yellow.

Why do I have such good and neat handwriting?

Honestly? I don't know how to reply to this one. It could be because of all those handwriting workbooks I filled over summer breaks in middle school maybe? That must be it, I guess? But thanks for the compliment. You really do have a unique way of complimenting others, don't you?

Wow. That was a very good set of questions. I had so much fun answering them. It made me think about things I usually don't. It resurfaced some good old memories. Thank you for that.

Finally my chance to ask questions!

What's the story behind your alias, Chainsaw?What are you majoring in?What do the walls of your room look like? Got any decoration on it?What does your most worn shirt/t-shirt look like?

Since I've already asked something above (which is up to you to answer), I'll stop at four questions :)

P.S. just finished watching Christmas Pen Pals. It was so wholesome! Do you know what I love about movies like these? It makes us fall in love with simplicity. Those little things! It just makes us...forget that love is supposed to be anything but magical even if it's only for a little while. Thanks for the recommendation, Chainsaw.

Signing off,

Snowflake :)