1. Dark eyes

"It's a suicide mission, Soap. You're going to get yourself killed!"

"y/n, you know that i have to do this." Soap responded walking towards to me.

"I just don't understand why it has to be you brother. Let someone else handle it." I turned my back on Johnny and walked away, "They have so many other men that are willing to die for this unit, but i won't allow the same outcome for you!" He was nearly killed on the last mission, and that is something that i do not want to reoccur.

"Lieutenant Ghost asked for me specifically. You'd have to have a death wish to disobey Simon Riley." Johnny replied sternly. Narrowing his eyes on me.

"If they/he wants you to go on this mission so fucking badly, then i'll be coming too." I crossed my arms and stubbornly responded.

"Like hell will i be bringing my little sister on a mission this dangerous! You're not going. End of story."

"You've seem to have forgotten that i'm a Lieutenant. I know what i'm doing, and you're not going without me." I shouted and walked away.

"You don't know him like i do y/n. He doesn't like surprises, i don't see this going well!" He shouts back at me as i'm walking further away.

I don't know who this Ghost is. Nor do i care. I just know he's one of the most feared men. He runs around in a little skull mask and yet his name alone brings shivers down peoples spines. It's ridiculous.

Soap used to talk about him a lot to me a few years ago when they worked on another mission together, he told me a little about the fucked up childhood Ghost had endured, so i guess his actions are justified. I leave the warehouse to pack a bag, they never tell us where we're going or what the mission consists of until we get to our destination.

I pack a small bag, throwing in random toiletries and whatnot. I'm going to be the only women amongst a team of touch deprived men, so that'll be interesting.

________________________________

Soap and I were riding in the back of a military truck, we finally stopped and they dropped us and a group of soldiers off on our new base in al-mahrah, U.R.A. As Soap was about to help me out of the truck, we both look up to see planes doors opening, and a very big man wearing a skull mask walking right out of it.

Holy fuck.

His dark eyes found its way onto my brother, not seeing me yet.

"Sergeant." He nodded towards my brother. He has a really deep voice, with a thick british accent.

Soap jumped out of the truck right after me, "Let's get ourselves a win, yeah Lt.?"

He nodded at my brother, then those dark eyes behind that mask found my own. I found myself stunned. Men don't have this type of control over me, treating men like shit is like a hobby to me.

But dear God i'm quivering at the sight of this man.

"..And who might you be." He whispers in that thick accent, towering over me, standing at about 6'3/6'4.

My eyes widen up at him, frozen in place. He's very intimidating, i understand the fear now.

"I'm Lieutenant (y/n)." I eventually respond.

"Hmmm..." He slightly glared at me. Maybe he's not happy that he's not the only Lieutenant on this mission. Soap mentioned he wouldn't be too happy to see me, now i need to figure out why.

He then turns his head towards my brother and looks at me once again. Waiting for an explanation for this. He really does not look too happy to see me, but he doesn't even know me.

Johnny interrupts our little staring contest,
"I thought they informed you, this is my sister...Long story." Soap lightly chuckles. "Come on y/n, We'll save you a seat Sir."

We walk into the open plane doors, but as we walk past him and i started to eavesdrop on his conversation with Shepard, he sounded very annoyed,

"Fuucking hell.." Was that about me?

"Ghost do you copy?"
"Yes Sir."

"Any issues?"
"Negative Sir."

Man. What's his fucking problem. I came to protect Soap, not deal with this bullshit.

Our mission will be over once we catch Hassan, and hopefully we're about too now. I don't want this mission to drag on, i don't think i'll be able to survive if i'm stuck with that man for months.

________________________________

He ends up sitting right across from me in the claustrophobic military airplane. Our knees end up touching because he's so tall.

Fantastic.

The entire ride he's intensely staring at me. He doesn't even bother to spark up a conversation, neither with me or anyone else. I've never seen anyone like him, he's just so... intense. It brings shivers down my spine.

I don't know if he's trying to size me up or not, but i'm honored i seem like some sort of competition to him. Feeds my already insanely high ego.

He's like a super soldier, no thoughts, no opinions, just...actions. He does what needs to be done.

I wasn't afraid of him, at all, but something about him makes even the most powerful men weak.

I finally become fed up of the glaring eyes and look up at him, but he doesn't break the contact like a normal person would. i'm caught off guard by it. There's something about the red plane lights hitting his face.. it did something to me. His dark eyes were appearing darker. I haven't been attracted to a man in quite sometime, i don't know why i'm acting like an animal. I met this man an hour ago. And this doesn't feel right.

I need to get a grip, this mission is important.

As it being that we are the only lieutenants on this mission, the soldiers take orders from us. I'm assuming he doesn't like that he's not the only one in charge, i could tell he likes control.

Men like him usually do.

I open my mouth to say something to him but then but I then feel a thud, which means we landed on their base. He broke the contact to get up and began walking towards the plane doors, but before he fully stepped out of the plan, he slightly turns his head towards me and in a condescending tone he says,

"Keep up, Lt."