2. Quivering

Ghost and i guide the men towards the huts, we camp out in near bushes. Ghost is crouched next to me, barely a couple inches away. He's definitely trying to intimidate me.. but he doesn't know who he's fucking with.

"I've heard a lot about you." i muttered without looking at him. Trying to shake my thoughts off.

"Good things, i hope." He responded in a deep, monotone voice.

I chuckle, "Whatever makes you sleep at night, Ghost." I'm trying to be friendly and break whatever ice there is at the moment. I'm going to be stuck with him for a long time.

After a long pause, he finally responded, "I've also heard of you." So he does know me..

"Good things, i hope." I smirk and turn my head towards him. He doesn't look back at me before shouting,

"Move out soldiers!"

He's not very fond of me.
_________________________________

The mission was failed. Hassan wasn't here. We load back up into the plane. It was silent the rest of the way, i was constantly feeling eyes burning into my skull. I knew who they belonged too, it felt like he was blaming me for the failed mission. Which makes no sense, we worked together. I don't know what his problem is. But i'm growing angrier at him by the second.

I feel Soap pat my back and gave me a small smile, "We tried our best, we'll find him."

We finally land and de-brief in the warehouse on our base. I walk towards the closest table and i look down at my once black cargos and tight black shirt now brown from the dirt and blood, my bun was so tight it felt like it was cutting off my circulation. I started taking off all of my layers and my bullet proof vest. I let my hair out of my bun, flipping my hair back and forth and aggressively scratching my scalp. That feeling is seriously better than sex sometimes.

I feel multiple eyes on me. I raise my head and see the group of men gaping at me, see what i mean, they're touch deprived. I knew i was attractive, and they haven't seen or spoken to a women in God knows how long.

"Take a picture boys, easier to wank off too later." I scoff and make my way towards the chalk board in the front. I search for Ghosts eyes as i walk by the men, and i see his staring right back at mine. If he's going to be dick to me then ill be a cunt back. I don't take disrespect lightly.

He has a staring problem, it's starting to freak me out. He knows men are too afraid to fuck with him. But he's got me fucked up if he thinks im going to be one of his puppets.

My thoughts were interrupted by Captain Price speaking, "So what's the plan, Soldiers?"

_______________________________

We're all going to split into pairs once we land, once again at Hassan's second base. Price was reading out all the pairs then he got down to the last two... Of course. It's like God wants to mess with me,

"Lieutenant Simon and Lieutenant y/n."

I smirk at Ghost from across the warehouse. I'll definitely be making this interesting for him. But he doesn't even react, he just looked away. God it's like he's incapable of any human emotion.

We all make our way back to the plane. And I walked alongside Soap the entire way there.

"You seem smitten by him, Lieutenant (y/n)." My brother broke the silence, saying it in a sarcastic tone.

"Who wouldn't be, Sergeant Soap..." I sarcastically responded.

_______________________________

"Watch your step, y/n." Ghost says to me as i jump out, again in a condescending tone. If he keeps testing me he'll be dead by dawn.

I don't respond as we all split and walked alongside our partners. Ghost a couple feet ahead of me, and i trail closely behind him. I have to assert dominance, I'm not letting this man take control over me.

But. Fuck.

He's even hot covered in dirt. I cant help the attraction i feel towards him. There's something about a scary man in a mask that just does it to some women.

He suddenly stops, which resulted in me smacking my face right into his hard back. Which caused me to stumble and fall.

"Get your shit together, Lieutenant." He spat in his thick accent and turned to walk away.

I know i should be offended, because i've just been scolded by a scary gigantic man, but it's quite the opposite. I want to push his buttons and fuck with him, i went to see how big and scary this 'Ghost' truly is.

"We will camp out on the left part of the building until we get the signal to move in." i say, not sparing a glance at him. "So make yourself comfortable."

His deep voice sends shivers down my spine. "I don't take orders from you."

Prick.

We both take opposite seats on the gravel.
_________________________________

Nearly 40 minutes of silence. I take short glances at him every couple of minutes, he's completely fixated on the wall I'm leaning on. I wonder what he's thinking about.

He interrupted my thoughts, tilting his head towards me and asked, "What have you heard of me."

"Just whatever my brother has informed me. And some stories here and there." He looks at me, waiting for me to continue, "Just a quick run through on your past and how you two met. Nothing crazy."

"What are the stories.." He asked me.

"Well, I heard one about you single-handedly killing an entire unit of Hassan's men at their base in Iran.. but that's just an exaggeration right?" I jokingly said, but there was a hint of shock in his eyes,

"I wasn't aware that people knew it was me." He whispers to himself.

Jesus fucking christ-

I want this man. I need this man. For fucks sake he has gallons of blood spilt on his hands but i still find him attractive, and i don't even know what he looks like.

"Does that frighten you?"

"No, but the closer your mask gets to my face the more frightening you do become." I said in a teasing tone. Trying to break whatever brawl we have going on right now. But I'm not sure what i said but his demeanor completely shifted, now he seems angry.

"Was it something i said?" i asked trying to get his attention.

"I don't enjoy it when my mask is spoken about."

"My apologies, won't happen again." I said defeated. No matter what i do, he isn't too fond of me.

"Good girl." He replied as he got up, walking a couple feet down the gravel.