15. Ghost

(A/N: I posted this 3 days ago and it's at 11k reads. That is INSANE. I've been gaming since i was able to hold a controller so i've known Ghost my entire life. And i guess bringing him to life in my own way has made me happy. And all of you have made it worth it. That's why i pop out the chapters so fast, your kind words keep me going. So from the bottom of my heart, thank you. ❤️)

"Ever since Alejandro kissed the back of your hand."

Qué?

I giggle, "What do you mean? You hated me."

"Yeah, i did."

I scoff, "Well than what do you mean you were jealous?"

His brains collaborating again. "I said i hated you, not that i wasn't attracted to you. Even a blind man could tell that you're beautiful."

Blushing. Blushing so hard. If anyone from our unit heart him speak like this, he wouldn't hear the end of it.

"You think i'm beautiful?" I literally started twirling my hair.

"That's the only part you heard?" he chuckled and looked away. "Yes, you're beautiful. That's the nicest thing that will ever come out of my mouth. So remember it."

"So you hated Alejandro because he called me beautiful?" confusion written all over my face, like it always is when we have conversations.

"I felt like i had some type of.. ownership over you. I cant explain it. Seeing another man touch you didn't make me happy. And i will not apologize for how i acted." he finished.

I'm too stunned to speak.

I wanted to ask the burning question that has been on my mind,

"Why did you hate me?"

"I'm the Lieutenant. I should've been informed. And i don't let shit like that slide." He said and looked back down at me.

I guess i was somewhat right.

"That's it? I thought there was more to the story." I am honestly a little disappointed. I spent weeks wondering why he was such a dick to me, and that's the only explanation?

"No.. that's not it. I don't like dominant, controlling women. And i could tell you wanted things to be your way, and i didn't like that." He mumbled.

If any man were to say that shit to me i would be furious. But knowing his background story, he never had much control as a child. That's why he became a Lieutenant. To have control and give orders. I have no choice but to be understanding.

"So you do have a control problem.."

He gave me a 'what the fuck' expression which made me laugh,

"How many times have i made you leave, or force you to look at me, or have made you get into cars without giving you a choice..." I could see a smirk through his mesh mask, "And i like that you obey me."

I need to buy a hat or beanie that could cover my face, because this is getting ridiculous. He knows what he does to me and he continues to do it.

What an evil, sick man.

"I don't obey you, i am more than capable of making my own decisions." i look away and cross my arms, knowing damn well i would thank him if he slapped me.

"Yeah?" he asked. I refuse to look at him, i know he's about to do some fuck shit.

"Yup." I said and put an empathize the 'P'

It got quiet as we kept walking towards a dandelion filled meadow. This place couldn't get more beautiful. We stopped under a big tree, it seemed to be hundreds of years old.

"Kiss me." He caught me off guard.

"Huh?" i asked and looked up at him, nearly breaking my neck in the mean time.

"I said kiss me." he demanded.

"...Why?"

"Fine, don't." He began walking away.. i pulled him down to me and pulled his mask up. And  my lips crashed onto his soft ones. But it didn't last more than a few seconds because he pulled away.

"See? You obey me." He smirks and pulls up his mask.

This fucker.

I scoff and walk away. Fucking cunt.

"Don't throw your little tantrums. Get back here y/n." he sternly said.

"No. i'm walking back to the base. You can drive there." i stubbornly stomp away.

I don't let men control me like this. I don't let them have power over me. I have power over them. I don't like what this man is doing to me, but i can't deny the fact that i love it.

I hear loud footsteps and he pulled me back and made me look at him,

"I'm.. sorry." He spit the words out like they were going to kill him. I don't think he's ever truly apologized. Well he did that one time when he-

"It's okay. I was just playing" (i wasn't) as much as i hate to admit it, i am afraid to upset him. I do know what he's capable of now. I know how much blood has been spilt on his hands. He would kill his own bestfriend if he said the wrong thing.

But am i any different?

I don't know. He never really talks to me. Or expresses how he feels about me. He just called me beautiful and told me once that he liked my eyes.

"Have you ever been in a relationship?" I don't know what came over me to ask that question, but i did.

"Sort of, once when i was 15." he answered honestly. "It didn't last long."

"That's it? That's the only one?" i asked again. "Why did it end?"

He looked down at the ground, "She Died."

I didn't ask more questions after that.

"I'm sorry." what do you say to that? He is a broken shell of a man. I want to know everything about him. But how am i supposed to make him comfortable enough to tell me? He doesn't seem like the type of man to spill his deepest darkest secrets.

He didn't respond to me.

I want to know how he truly feels about me. Because i know how i feel about him. But how do you express something like that? Especially to someone like Simon, 'Ghost', Riley. The most heartless man alive.

I just needed to say it and get it out of my head.

"I think I'm falling for you."

His head immediately shot up,

"What did you just say?"

I repeated myself...

"I'm falling for you, Simon."

"Don't say shit like. For fucks sake y/n." He started walking away from me.

"Stop running away from me Goddamnit!" i cried out. "I thought you felt the same."

"I'm not deserving of your Love. Or any Love for that matter. The things i've done... if you knew you would never look at me the same. I'm doing you a favor. You're too good for me." He finished and kept walking.

"So that's it?"

Nothing. Silence. He just kept walking. He turned around, i became hopeful. Maybe he changed his mind.

"Here," he handed me the car keys, "drive back to the base. i'll walk."

I'm too stunned to speak. How could he do this to me?

"You can't leave me Simon."

"Call me Ghost."