𓊈 E i g h t 𓊉

↻⥥↺

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓷𝓮𝔁𝓽 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰, 𝓡𝓸𝓷 𝔀𝓸𝓴𝓮 𝓾𝓹 𝓽𝓸 𝓪 𝓫𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽. He blinked, and looked around.

This wasn't his house...

The walls were chalk white, and the side table had dozens of horrifying instruments on it, like a sharp, narrow knife with a blood-coated tip.

"Oh, Mr. Weasley! You're awake! Here, drink this" came a woman's voice. He looked up to see a lady with brown hair and a nurse outfit.

"Lavender?!" he asked, surprised. She shushed him.

"Your stupid family had an argument about me being your nurse. What's up with that?"

Ron shrugged.

"Words, Ronald, use words. Anyway, here, this'll help your body fix up that mess your family did to you".

Shocked, he looked down. His body was fully wrapped up in bandages. The dark, bloody spot on his throat caused him to wince as he attempted to allow the orange substance.

"Hurts, doesn't it? Well, I hope so. Since you two love each other very much, why don't you break off the engagement?" asked a disgusted George, coldly, from behind, "Oh, of course! I forgot. You just wanted her for her money, huh?".

Ron turned crimson. "Shut. Up", he growled, as Lavender's grip on his hand tightened.

"Why do they hate you and me so much? Is something wrong?" she questioned.

"Oh, don't you know?" came George's voice from the next room. Ron glared at his brother as George walked in.

"Ronald's engaged to Hermione. He even assigned Malfoy to spy on her because he thinks she's the one who's cheating" George explained to a horrorstruck Lavender.

"What is wrong with you?! Poor Hermione... That's it, this is the last straw, Ron! I'm breaking up with you!" she shrieked, pounding the vial of green liquid onto the side table, causing it to break under the pressure, "You're an arse, Ronald Weasley, believe me! Oh, I better go tell Hermione!".

Groaning, the redhead turned to the other side of the bed, accidentally falling to the ground.

Sniggering, George walked away, leaving his younger brother to writhe in pain on the hard, rock floor.

↻⥥↺

𝓗𝓮𝓻𝓶𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓖𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓻 𝓬𝓱𝓾𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓮𝓭, 𝓪𝓼 𝓜𝓪𝓵𝓯𝓸𝔂 𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓾𝓰𝓰𝓵𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓸𝓻𝓭𝓮𝓻.

"What's an Espresso? And a Frappuccino? Er, sorry for taking so long" he apologized to the bored Starbucks Barista, who just scoffed.

"Try the hot chocolate!" Hermione suggested, suppressing her laughter.

"One Hot Chocolate, please!"

"£1.50" the waitress said, inspecting him.

He turned to Hermione, confused, until she handed him the money.

↻⥥↺

𝙵𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔

"𝓔𝔁𝓬𝓲𝓽𝓮𝓭?" smiled Harry Potter as he sat in the plane with a nervous Hermione Granger.

She nodded, fidgeting with her fingers.

The plane slowly took off, and the pair braced themselves for the 16-hour flight.

"It's alright, 'Mione, you don't need to be scared. Just forget we're in an aeroplane and focus on the fact that you're finally seeing your parents after 12 whole years," he consoled, knowing his best friend's aversion to heights.

She took a deep breath, and shuddered.

"So, you do know where they live, right?" Harry asked.

"Of course, they live in Ainslie Street, Brisbane, Australia. We just need to find which house. We'll go there, and, after finding them, show them photos and videos of us, and we'll live happily ever after. The end" she explained.

"Sure, 'Mione, but what if they don't remember?" questioned Harry, with raised eyebrows.

"Pffffffft, yeah, no, that's not going to happen anytime soon. I mean, what's the worst that can happen?"

↻⥥↺

"𝓢𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽'𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓼𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓹𝓮𝓷" Hermione mumbled, seeing a completely blown up neighborhood.

The houses were in ruins, and the whole street was completely abandoned.

"What happened here?" Harry asked to a man.

"Oh, well, that's the problem, nobody knows. But there's a rumour that the government dropped a nuclear bomb here. Anyway, it's been like this for about a week. There were only a few survivors, who are you? You don't seem like you're from this neighborhood" narrated the man, eyeing the two suspiciously.

"My parents lived here, Wendall and Monica Wilkins, do you know them? Did they die?" Hermione asked, panicking.

The man just shrugged, "I dunno, but they was a couple that survived, maybe that's your parents".

The man gave them the coordinates to the couple's house.

The duo rushed to the house, staring in awe at the mansion. The door was open, and a woman emerged, beckoning her husband and kissing him on his cheek.

"Those are not my parents" Hermione stuttered, disheartened.

"Hermione... There's a cemetery over there, shall we go look there?" Harry pointed at a small hill, with a few crosses sticking out of the grass.

Pushing the rusty gate open, they strolled through the grass, searching for the name 'Wilkins'.

"Hermione! Here, look..." Harry was crouching before two graves that were side-by-side.

______________|_____________
𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬  |𝐖𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬
                                     |
     ???? - 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟗          |       ???? - 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟗
______________|_____________

Tears threatened to spill from her eyes. "I'm sorry, 'Mione, I really am," Harry apologised.

Hermione nodded, her eyes watery.

"It's alright," she finally replied, "It's totally fine,".

𝙵𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚎𝚗𝚍

-∆-

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟖𝟑𝟗 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬