𓊈 E l e v e n 𓊉

↻⥥↺

𝓗𝓮𝓻𝓶𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓖𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓶𝓲𝓵𝓮𝓭 𝓼𝓪𝓭𝓵𝔂, 𝔀𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓶𝓮𝓻 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓵𝓲𝓯𝓮 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓻𝓮𝓬𝓸𝓰𝓷𝓲𝔃𝓮 𝓱𝓮𝓻.

The force of the three women's spells combined had been enough to wipe the redhead's memories of them permanently. He didn't even know who they were.

Wincing, Ron Weasley got up, walking out the door to his family, eyeing the three girls suspiciously.

↻⥥↺

𝓓𝓻𝓪𝓬𝓸 𝓜𝓪𝓵𝓯𝓸𝔂 𝔀𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓮𝓭 𝓲𝓷 𝓼𝓾𝓻𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓮 𝓪𝓼 𝓗𝓮𝓻𝓶𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓮𝓖𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓵𝓮𝓮𝓹𝓲𝓵𝔂 𝓳𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓭 𝓱𝓲𝓶 𝓲𝓷 𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓸𝓯𝓯𝓲𝓬𝓮.

She seated herself on the chair beside him, inspecting the files on her desk. And groaned, using a document as a pillow.

"Granger?" he asked softly, shaking her laying figure awake. She woke up with a start.

"Malfoy?! What are you doing here?" she hissed, alarmed.

"I-I work here. I was recruited by Shacklebolt,".

She looked him up and down, and then shrugged, taking a document and filing through its pages.

"What should I do?" Draco asked.

"Here, read through this file, find something worthwhile that's not solvable without investigating, and tell me if you found it," she placed another document on his side of the desk.

Nodding, he opened the first page, reading it's contents, and then flipped his way all through the file, until he landed on the eight page. He exclaimed excitedly.

"Hear this: The couple were found dead a few weeks later in their mansion. Pages and letters of their immense debt had been flying around.
Their lunch was still fresh, and was thrown away by the house elf who quickly became sick right after. Even though many see this as a murder, there were no signs of physical damage like stab wounds or gunshots in their body. The killing curse would've also not been used since no traces if magic was around the place in a long time," he beamed at her, "It was a suicide! It says in here they had immense debt, so they ended their lives themselves!".

Sighing, Granger read through the page. "Oh, Malfoy, you're so naïve. This was a murder, a very clever murder. First of all, you read something wrong, you forgot 'the clearance' while reading the immense debt part, so it definitely wasn't a suicide. Secondly, the house elf got sick throwing away the food, but it was still fresh. Meaning that something else caused the elf to fall ill. The only answer? Poison, it takes time for poisons to set in a body. And, nowadays, wizards have made undetectable poisons so no one will even know that poison entered the victim's system, killing them. Also, I accidentally gave you a trainee document. Here," Draco watched in awe the whole time as she spoke, pointing out his mistakes and coming to a solution. She passed him another file.

Draco couldn't concentrate, her mouth moved, but it was inaudible. He looked down at her lips, flashbacks of the kiss flashing through his mind.

"Draco?" he snapped back to reality, to see Hermione waving her hand before his face. She pointed at the document.

Reading the first page, his eyes glinted. He pointed at the first three paragraphs.

𝚃𝚑𝚎 '𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗' 𝚒𝚗 𝙱𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚋𝚊𝚗𝚎, 𝙰𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚊, 𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛 1997. 𝙼𝚞𝚐𝚐𝚕𝚎 𝚟𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚜 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚊𝚜 '𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚏𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚑-𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐'.

𝙸𝚝 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝚖𝚜, 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 9𝚝𝚑 𝙵𝚎𝚋𝚛𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢, 1997 𝚒𝚗 𝙰𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚕𝚒𝚎 𝚂𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚝, 𝙱𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚋𝚊𝚗𝚎, 𝙰𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚊, 𝚊 𝚜𝚘-𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍 '𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗' 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚍, 𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 2/3 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚔.

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚟𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚙𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚊 𝚜𝚌𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚒𝚎𝚜. 𝙸𝚝 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝚖𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙺𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙲𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚠𝚗𝚜𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚔 𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚗 𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎.

Granger's eyes widened, she closed her own document, and snatched his from his hands.

She looked directly into his eyes, shaken.

"We're going to Australia,".

-∆-

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟔𝟏𝟖 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬