𓊈 S e v e n t e e n 𓊉

↻⥥↺

"𝓦𝓱𝓪𝓽?" Hermione snapped, sharply eyeing them, "That's impossible!".

"If not, then where were you two the night of 18th December, yesterday, at 22:23?" he asked.

"At a bar with me, we then proceeded to her house," Draco answered, staring at the Chief Warlock.

"Really? But that's not what the prisoners in Azkaban say. We interrogated them with doses of Veritaserum, and they described two people, a girl and a boy, who sneaked into the prison and killed Lucius Malfoy," he snapped his fingers and a chair came wheeling in front of them.

Sitting on it was a fraily Stan Shunpike, whimpering in fear. A woman holding a vial approached him as he tried to back away.

Forcing the potion down his throat, she returned to her place in the stands.

"So, Mr. Shunpike, tell me, who did you see yesterday night entering Lucius Malfoy's cell?".

"It was 'em!" he suddenly burst out, nodding fearfully at Hermione and Draco, "I-It was 'orrible, sir, I hears a splat an' they walk out with blood on their robes!".

"No, it can't be, it was dark! You're mistaken, you probably only saw the silhouette and thought it was us,"

"I'm tellin ya, its 'em! The voice is the same and the girlie had light outta her wand! I swear!" moaned Stan, his head hung down.

"Well, Mr. Malfoy and Ms. Granger, you will be serving a week in Azkaban for accusations of murder," with a nod from the Chief Warlock, Shunpike was taken away, and two men dragged Hermione and Draco out the room.

Smirking, Draco attempted to locate the wand he had put in his pocket a few minutes ago, but he soon realised it was taken away from him, and that their hands were cuffed.

↻⥥↺

𝓗𝓮𝓻𝓶𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓼 𝔀𝓪𝓿𝓮𝓼 𝓬𝓻𝓪𝓼𝓱𝓮𝓭 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓲𝓼𝓵𝓪𝓷𝓭. It wasn't even a week in and she already thought of committing suicide at least 12 times.

This place was hell.

It was forever cold and covered in mist, so you could barely see anything. The dementors made it difficult to not think about dying all day. Food and water was scarce, rarely served to the prisoners, and even if food was present, it would usually be a few peanuts, which almost all inmates were allergic to, and a slab of meat.

"How pleasant," sneered Draco as the food was shoved inside the cell by a cloaked dementor, "Couldn't they even given us an apple? It would've been much better,".

He looked over at his cellmate, who was curled up in a corner, rocking back and forth, looking like an absolute maniac.

"Here," he tossed her the piece of meat, which landed on a her face, sliding down. It, surprisingly, didn't improve her mood.

"Stop it," she growled, wiping the slime off her face.

Sighing, he popped a peanut into his mouth, "This is horrible!". He quickly spit it out in disgust.

"Mr. Malfoy and Ms. Granger, enjoying your stay, I suppose?" came a cold voice from the other side of the cell.

"Sir!" Hermione quickly stood at the sight of her boss.

"I've orders from the Minister to release you. Kingsley wants you to investigate your own case," he spoke, his thick American accent clear.

"I-Investigate our case, sir? We'll be glad!" rejoiced Hermione, a ghost of a smile on her face.

He produced a key from his pocket, and opened the door, allowing the two to exit.

A raspy noise followed the two as they were handed back their wands, and they apparated back to the ministry.

The pair were given back their office, in which the tape lay on the table.

They stuffed it into the DVD player.

"Ugh! This us impossible!" groaned Draco as they watched the footage for the 23th time.

"Wait! Look at this...," Hermione pointed at the TV. She rewinded the video, and as he looked closer, Draco saw the fake Hermione pat her hair, which had turned black.

"Someone clearly used the Polyjuice potion to impersonate us," Hermione beamed at him proudly.

"Cho Chang, that Ravenclaw, she had black hair!" exclaimed Draco excitedly.

"Of course not, ferret, she died during the war, remember? Judging by the shade of black, it's obviously Pansy! And, if you squint your eyes a bit, you can see the fake you drinking something and his hair turned slightly red!"

"Weasley," he mumbled, she nodded in response.

"We better show this to Krate!"

They proceeded to their boss's office.

-∆-

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟕𝟒𝟗 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬