𓊈 T h i r t e e n 𓊉

↻⥥↺

"𝓘 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓹𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓼," Draco Malfoy repeated, his face pale.

"W-What, you do?" Hermione asked, surprised.

He nodded, slowly.

↻⥥↻

𝙵𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔

𝓓𝓻𝓪𝓬𝓸 𝓜𝓪𝓵𝓯𝓸𝔂 𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓵𝓭 𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓼𝓴𝔂. He and his father, Lucius Malfoy, quickly landed on the streets of Brisbane.

Draco had spent his summer holidays in the most miserable way: Collecting all the Death Eaters around the world to prepare for the Dark Lord's attack on England.

He was forced by his father to do that, this wasn't new. He didn't even have any freedom.

He looked back at his father, confused at what he should do next. Lucius smirked, mumbling something under his breath as he swished his wand.

Suddenly, a few doors burst open as the inhabitants all looked around wildly to see who had summoned them.

"The Dark Lord is back!" his father screeched, grinning maliciously. The others cheered, this, unfortunately, caused the Muggles to wake.

The Muggles sleepily looked out their windows to see what was causing the commotion. It was quite a sight to see: A few people dancing around like crazy, shooting sparks and strings from long, wooden sticks.

Noticing this, a few witches and wizards fired the forgetting spell back to their Muggle viewers.

"Now, now, have patience, my friends. It was such a long time, wouldn't we all enjoy a few Muggle killings now?" asked Lucius Malfoy, a vile smirk gracing his lips.

The Death Eaters once again cheered, shooting the Killing curse at the Muggles.

But it seemed that wasn't cruel enough for them. They summoned their brooms, hopping onto it and flying away, while a few of them stayed back. Even though Draco was miles away up in the air, he could see the Fiendfyre spreading through the block and into the forests, burning everything in its wake.

Draco wanted to stop their cruelty, but he was helpless. He watched as the animals scurried away in fear, trying not be burnt, while the birds flew away in panic.

Draco could hear the Death Eaters cackling, now following behind the others that were already airborne.

Draco dodged a gray cloud, cold wind hitting his face. He couldn't handle it anymore, he had to escape this nightmare, he had to.

𝙵𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚎𝚗𝚍

↻⥥↺

"𝓘'𝓶 𝓼𝓸 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓻𝔂, 𝓓𝓻𝓪𝓬𝓸," Hermione Granger said, placing a hand on his back as they sat on a nearby bench.

She had stayed silent the whole time as he narrated what had happened. Draco expected her to be angry at him for not doing anything to save her parents, but she understood.

"N-No, I'm sorry, if I tried to stop my dad-," Draco croaked.

"If you tried to stop him you would be also been buried here," she pointed at the graveyard behind them. He looked down, guilty.

"Look at me," she said, lifting his chin and, forcing him to look at her, "You were brave, you stayed silent. That was a good move! Most people in your place would've freaked out and would've probably been killed. Please don't be harsh on yourself,".

They were so close, their noses almost touching. She smelled like lavenders and old books.

They slowly closed the space between them, their lips meeting. It was soft and slow, not forced or hungry.

Realising what had happened, they quickly broke away, embarrassed.

"L-Let's just go," Hermione mumbled, apparating away to the Ministry.

What happened that day in Australia was a secret that nobody needed to know.

-∆-

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟓𝟖𝟐 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬