Awakening

Being so close to death can be a bizarre experience. I've heard of people saying that they see bright lights, or they see things they regret doing. But all's I felt was nothing. It was like I was sleeping but I knew it. I had the visions I had been having since I had been shot with the arrow but it was like I was a true 3rd party to all of it, not having feelings towards any of them.

My first sense that I am alive is feeling really warm, sweat dripping down my forehead, and a voice whispering in my ear that I'm going to be OK. My second sense was quite the opposite. I was freezing, shivering, and again the voice telling me I was going to be OK. Then I'm back to my dream filled sleep.

Suddenly I'm sitting in front of a Godswood tree, the one by Winterfell near the pond I had fallen into. "It's time to wake up now," it seems to say to me. "When you awaken you will use your powers to guide you through what you must do." I go to speak but it seems to know what I'm going to ask already. "Just think about what you would like to see and you shall see it. You have power to change many things," it says.

I try to ask more questions but I blink and I'm staring up at a ceiling. I'm wrapped in a light blanket, and I can hear the crackle of a fire. "You're awake, excellent," I hear a voice that demands respect. I look to see the source to see a man, balding with white hair and Jaime's eyes.

"Tywin?" I try to sit up but can't stopping to wince. "Jaime! You have to go find Jaime!"

"I have to do no such thing. You will address me as Lord Tywin. Get over here girl. Help her up, bathe, and shower and dress her in the dress in the corner," he stands to leave. "You are a beautiful young woman, you're lucky you survived that. We will talk more later. Let her eat some food first," he says leaving shutting the door behind him. I look to see the girl he was talking to but her back is to me fiddling with things. "The maester will be here soon to check on her," he leaves again and I stare at the door waiting to see if he would come back again. He doesn't.

Instead I turn to see the person who is to assist me and nearly faint recognizing Arya. I lay back into the pillows staring at her. "Arya?" I whisper. She just stares back at me. "What-," I stop realizing I was yelling and for whatever reason talking was hurting my shoulder. "What are you doing here?"

"It's a long story," she says just as quiet. "But you're alive," she looks hesitant so I hold out my good arm and let her hug me for a moment.

There's a knock on the door so she stands. "Come in!" I call. A man wearing Maester robes comes in and Arya steps back to getting the food and things prepared.

"Glad to see you're finally awake, Lady Lya."

"Thank you Maester."

"Alright let's see that arm of yours," he helps me sit up enlisting Arya's help. I lean back against the head board allowing him to pull my dress sleeve down revealing my upper breast and most of my arm. "It's healed nicely, just a small scab now. How does it feel?"

"It hurts, even when I talk."

"Yes well that will be the scar tissue that's formed stretching. You'll have to keep moving it everyday so you get the movement back. You're lucky you survived. I would have cut your arm off but Lord Tywin wouldn't let me." I stare at him wide eyed. "He said that a one armed girl was not proper for his son Lord Jaime, a man of the Kingsguard. Now call for me if the pain gets too bad, but other than you should be fine," he gets up and leaves.

His mention of Jaime had drawn my mind back to him but I can't concentrate for long on that when Arya brings food over to me. She sits with me allowing me to eat in silence. "Have you heard anything about Jaime?"

"I haven't heard anything about anyone. For all I knew everyone could have been dead until you showed up here. What have you heard?"

"Everyone is still alive."

"Why do you care so much for Jaime?" she asks as she helps undress me.

"Why are you a serving girl, for Lord Tywin?" she stops to glare at me. I sigh. "Things have happened that we've had no control over. We've both ended up in positions we'd rather not be in. Now, tell me everything," I instruct. She gets me up and into the warm tub as she fills me in on how she was heading North with people heading for the Nights Watch when they were ambushed. She was captured and has been here ever since. They used to torture people but Tywin saved them and when he saw that she was a girl he used her to serve him. When he was gone she did chores and helped out with other things. And then I was there. "You're lucky he didn't recognize you."

"He wouldn't have recognized you the way they brought you in here," she says helping me to wash my back. It hurts my shoulder but everywhere else it feels nice. "You were close to death, covered in blood and filthy. Not to mention like all your clothes were gone, used for bandages to try and stop the bleeding. The arrow was still in you, they had to remove it. Tell me about it," so I do, we sit talking well until the water is cold and my eyes are starting to droop with exhaustion.

A/N: So I know this is short, I kept going but then I just felt like I had to split it up. I also can't finish writing what I wanted to tonight I'm way too tired, so I will finish the next chapter tomorrow and post it then :) I'm hoping it'll be a lot longer, things are going to happen in it. Anyway's I hope you enjoyed this short little update.