Negotiations

He almost looks like he doesn't believe me. I think I surprised him and he doesn't seem like the type of person who gets surprised very often. "I'll marry Jaime," I repeat making sure he had heard me.

"You don't have a choice."

"You're right I don't have a choice. But Jaime does," I sit down without asking for his permission. "And he won't marry me unless I tell him myself that I wish to marry him." Tywin narrows his eyes.

"What do you want?" he asks.

"To go home, to Winterfell. With my sisters. And I want the North to be pardoned."

"That will not happen, we-."

"We'll pay, eventually. But Winter is upon us and if you want to lose an entire part of this kingdom you will make it so we are granted a Royal Pardon until Winter is over and then we will go about paying back what was destroyed, and making amends. We all lost people, you're son killed the Northerners they won't accept him unless something good comes with him."

"Who-."

"I and my mother and another woman saved your son from certain death. He killed a Karstark in an attempt to escape. You will accept this or I won't marry him. And I want it in writing."

"Your sister, Sansa, is going to marry my grandson, and-."

"Yes, but Arya is going to Winterfell with me. And if the King changes his mind then Sansa will as well."

He takes a breath. "Fine we'll have it in writing," he starts writing things down. "But you and Jaime will marry a week after he returns. You will have a child within the first year and a half or this contract is null."

"First two years," he narrows his eyes. "We will be traveling a lot, we should be settled back at Winterfell before we have a child so it survives."

"Fine two years. And you will spend time at Casterly Rock as well, when I die he will be the Warden of the West. Now no more negotiations. I'll have it written up and you can sign in it in the morning right before we leave for Kings Landing."

I stand and nod my head, "Thank you Lord Tywin," I say leaving the room.

I let Arya sleep as much as she needs to lounging around unable to relax. I couldn't believe I had just done that. I couldn't believe I was marrying Jaime. My fingers itched to do something, anything to get my new pent up energy out. I tap my foot, my fingers, pace around the room but nothing will help. What I really want to do is use my sword. Where was my sword? I begin to wonder. Could I go ask Tywin? After that meeting, I wasn't sure.

"What are you doing?" I look over at Arya leaning against the wall. I had started mock fighting with my left arm.

"Do you know where my sword is?"

"No but I could go ask the guards," she says standing up.

"Thank you," I say as she leaves the room. I resume my pacing still wishing I had a better outlet. After what feels like forever of pacing I feel extremely exhausted so I lay down on the bed.

The next thing I know I'm waking up to Arya shaking me. "C'mon we have to get ready. We're leaving," I wipe the tears I hadn't realized had fallen in my sleep and sit up. She leaves me then to go and get ready leaving me to get ready myself. I smooth the dress out I was already wearing and fix my hair a little bit unable to do so one handed. I freeze remembering the contract, and that I couldn't read.

I leave my room in search of Arya needing her help unsure of when Tywin would ask for my signature. I wouldn't put it past him to fuck me over. "Lady Stark!" I turn seeing a guard. "Lord Tywin wishes to see you," he says. I follow him down the halls and then into a room I hadn't seen before. Like that was hard I scoff at my own thinking. I had seen all of two rooms.