The Pool

"How have you been?" Robb asks sitting next to me. The last few days he has been trying to be as nice as possible.

"Fine," I say. I nudge my plate over and he pulls some bread off of it.

"I don't like him," Robb says looking up as Jaime comes walking in.

"He's alright," I say.

"That's because you're a girl," he grumbles. "The famous Knight, the Kingslayer, Jaime Lannister, the golden haired perfect-," he ends with a little grunt.

I laugh, "are you impressed Robb?"

"Good morning My Lady," Jaime says nodding his head to me. "Lord Robb," he reaches over my shoulder and picks up a piece of bread. "I noticed you did not meet me to spar yesterday, or the day before."

"I-."
"Would you like to go for a ride with me?" I look and see the Queen's gaze on me. "Ahh, my sweet sister. Ignore her. Are you done eating?" I look at Robb who looks stony.

"Yes, Ser Jaime."

"Just Jaime. Good, come," he holds out his arm. I lean in and kiss Robb's cheek.

"I'll be back later," I get up and take Jaime's arm.

"I think you've been avoiding me."

"Perceptive one here."

"What's wrong?" we walk out into the sunlight.

"I am a Lady now, I am to act as a proper Lady."

"According to my sister I presume?" he helps me up onto my horse, his hands on my hips, and I don't have it in me to tell him that I don't actually need his aid. I like the feel of his touch too much to care.

"I think she's jealous," I say once we are beyond the gate. "You're sister."

"Aye, she is the type. But what does she have to be jealous of?" I blush deeply. "Well, I suppose it's those unlady-like qualities she wishes you to drop. She'd still run around in boy's clothes if she could."

"But she's the Queen."

"Which is why she does not."

"You're sister, the cross dresser?"

"She's always wanted to have power. She has it now."

"What do you see in her?"
"She's-."
"It's OK. I don't think I actually want to know."

"Do you pray to these?" he asks as we stop in front of a Godswood tree.

"No, Ned does." I slide down and he does too.

"Yes, the Old Gods. They sure are creepy looking," he says examining the face of the tree.

"This is where it happened."

"What happened?" he turns to look at me. I motion to my hair and eyes. He steps away from the tree slightly.

"In that little pool over there," I motion to it. He goes over to it and I follow him. He dips a hand in, and then starts unlacing his boots. "What are you doing?"

"Join me."

"Join you?"

"The water is warm. We'll only put our feet in," he yanks his boots off. "Come on," he says pulling me down. I hesitantly touch the water with my fingertips and see it is a comfortable temperature.

"It wasn't warm, when I went in, I mean."

"I bet it's me," he says reaching for my feet and pulling my shoes off. "Come on," he repeats he pulls me to the edge and pushes my feet in putting his in next to mine.