The Bannermen

I'm standing in the Throne Room, and I have a bad feeling. Ned is standing with the Gold Cloaks around him talking with Queen Cersei. Prince Joffrey sits on the throne and I know that King Robert has died. I startle when people start drawing swords, and then the Gold Cloaks start killing Ned's men. Littlefinger comes up behind and holds a knife to his throat.

I sit up breathing hard. I get out of bed and dress quickly. I grab my sword and then run down the stairs. I hurry into the kitchen where the fire has died down to nothing but hot ashes and glowing coal. I grab bread and a water flask and then run out to the stable splashing through the mud and puddles, and freezing rain. I saddle Silver and pull myself up wincing at the pain in my shoulder. My wounds were nothing but marks on my body except my shoulder which hurt whenever I raised my arm.

"Hey! Where are you going?" I ignore Theon and ride past him. "Hey, she's leaving!" he shouts. People start yelling as I ride out of Winterfell and start along the Kingsroad going South. I'm soaked and shivering in the cold rain already, but I didn't care.

"Hey stop!" I hear Robb from behind me. "Hey!" Silver trips over something on the road sending me over her head. I land on my back painfully in the mud and inches of water sitting up quickly coughing as it rushes into my mouth and nose. I choke and spit the water up as Robb jumps down next to me. "What are you doing?" he yells dragging me to my feet.

"Ned," I wheeze out coughing up more water. He claps me on the back. "Ned is in trouble. They've taken him prisoner."

"Who has?"

"The Lannisters, King Joffrey."

"King Joffrey? He's only the Prince, King Robert is his father remember? He's very much alive."
I shake my head no, "I had a dream."

"Oh you had a dream? We're going back. Is her horse OK?"

"Seems fine My Lord."

"Are you riding Silver or with me?"

"I'm going to Kings Landing," I say reaching for my sword. He grabs my hand.

"You are my sister, I can't just let you ride off to save our father alone, and we can't just go without a plan in the middle of the night."

"You don't believe me," he picks me up, and I grab my sword pulling it out.

"You're right, now get on your horse," he says putting me down. "We are going to Winterfell, if I have to drag you there."

"I can beat you in a fight," I say narrowing my eyes at him.

"You can beat me, alone. Not all of us, stop being a child you're older than me." I sheathe my sword and climb up onto Silver. He climbs up onto his horse not letting go of my reins and then we go back to Winterfell. "Keep an eye on her make sure she doesn't leave," Robb orders back outside my room. I storm into my room and strip off my wet clothes and pull on dry ones. I hang my sword up and then collapse onto my bed pouting until I fell asleep.

I walk into the dining hall and sit down next to Bran. Everyone looks tired and annoyed but I don't care. "So what are you going to do?"

"There's nothing to do," Robb says.

"This is our father we are talking about and-."

"You are having dreams. All they are is dreams."

"Excuse me My Lord," Maester Luwin says coming up next to Robb. He hands him a note and Robb opens it reading. "Treason?" he asks standing and looking at Luwin. "Sansa wrote this," I get up and go over trying to see what it says.

"It is your sisters hand but the Queen's words. Your summoned to Kings Landing to swear fealty to the new king."

"Joffrey puts my father in chains and now he wants his ass kissed?"