Leaving

A/N: So, here's the next chapter. I have quite a few ready to upload now, as this chapter was one of the one's holding me up.

"Are you ready to go Lya?"

"Yes, I just need to go say goodbye to Catelyn and Bran."

"Do it quick and then come back, I need to have a word with you."

"Yes, Ned," I say. I make my way up to Bran's room, Jon shoves past me on his way out. I shrug it off and enter the room. Catelyn is making another dream catcher for Bran. "Hey there," I say softly. "I know you're going to wake up soon, I should be back soon as well, but I want you to be awake for me," I kiss his forehead.

"You're going?" Catelyn asks.

"Yes. Just to the inn, and then I'll be back."

"I can't believe it."
"What?"

"You just got here, and you're leaving again, to go back to that place."

"Just to look. I need to find some things out."

"I knew you wouldn't like it here."

"Catelyn, of course I like it here."

"You were gone for too long."

"Mom," I say I make my way around to her. Using her proper title for what she is to me, feels odd at first but I shrug it off. She looks up at me from her spot on her chair, I gently caress her cheek as a tear starts down it. "You need to be here for Bran now. I will be back, I promise you that," I lean in and kiss her before turning to leave.

I return to my room where Ned is sitting waiting, something long is wrapped in a cloth next to him. "Catelyn seems off," I say. "She was angry that I was leaving."

"She's just worried that she's going to lose you forever. She will be fine, don't worry about it right now. I will go and see her shortly. I have something for you."

"What is it?"

"You did such an excellent job protecting yourself and Bran from the assassin, and I've seen you sparring with Jaime. I realize that people won't always be around to protect you, and you should be able to protect yourself should the need arise. I hope that won't happen, but it's best if you would be able to," he picks up the parcel. "I had it forged for you," he holds it out. I unwrap it, and gasp seeing a sword.

"It's real?"

"Of course it is. Tourney swords won't last long against live steel. Go on, take it out," I unsheathe it and examine it. "It's not Valyrian steel, but it is sharp," I touch the end and gasp, sucking on my finger, tasting the iron of my blood. It has a wolf on the hilt, and an intricate pattern on the blade. Looking closer it says a word, that I struggle to make out.

"Winter is Coming?" I finally say angling it in just the right way.

"Do you like it?"

"Yes, thank you so much," I put it back in it's sheath and put it down before hugging him.

"Feel free to carry it around with you," he says pulling away. He wraps a belt around my waist and puts the sheath on it. "Go on, pull it out again," he says. I unsheath it and eye it again. "I should go see Catelyn, and no showing off."

"Thank you!" I call after him. I make my way out to the hall and practically run into Jon again.

"Hey there, Big Sister."

"Hi. I seem to be running into you all over the place."

"Yes, you do."

"Sorry about earlier."