I COULD NEVER LIKE HER!

That question Eveora asked me at the pavilion two days ago still bothered me. She asked me why I wanted to know what she was and I kinda lied. I told her it was because I've seen someone like her. Which is partly true. I just never have seen someone as beautiful as her.

Oh Nico! Slow your roll. You can't like her. For one, she's half nymph and half elf. Two, her best friend is a freakin talking butterfly. Three, we're total opposites. She's all about nature and I'm death. Literally!

Yesterday after archery practice, she was pretty upset. I wished I had the guts to put an arm around her, pull her close, look into those green eyes.....

SNAP OUT OF IT!!!

I could, and won't, ever like her.

I was deep in thought at breakfast when Eveora sat down next to me. I looked up and saw she had a whole bunch of walnuts in some cereal. Her hair is down like usual and that creepy butterfly, Razo was it, on her shoulder.

"Hey Nico,"

"Hm"

"Do you hate me?"

This took me by surprise. I didn't know what to say.

"Ah Nico doesn't hate anybody"

I turned around to see Percy. He was wearing his orange Camp Half-Blood t-shirt in a pair of shorts.

"Nico just isn't a fan of newbies." Percy said as he winked at me.

"Oh" Eveora said as she ate.

"But don't worry. He warms up to everyone" Percy said as he winked at me.

I rolled my eyes. That isn't all the way true. Some people still get on my nerves. Cough cough, Leo, cough cough.

Eveora looked up and smiled.

"I'm Percy by the way."

"Eveora. Weren't you one of the people who saved me from that monster?" She asked

"Yup. I can't take all the credit. Nico was the one who killed it"

I kept my head low but I could tell she was smiling at me. I didn't want her to see me blush.

"Well thanks. To both of you." Eveora said.

"No problem. So you chose bow for your weapon." Percy sat down next to me and pointed to her bow.

I didn't realize she had her bow with her.

"Mm hm. It reminds me of my home." Eveora said.

"Did you have a willow tree at your house?" Percy asked.

"A willow tree was my home. It was burned down by monsters." Eveora said not looking at Percy.

"Oh. I'm sorry. Can I see your bow?" Percy asked.

"Of course." said Eveora as she gave it to Percy.

Percy took it and began looking at it.

"Ιτιά Εκδικητής" Percy said in Greek.

I looked up confused and when I looked at Eveora she was looked even more confused than me.

"It means Weeping Willow Avenger." Percy explained.

"Oh. What does that mean?" Eveora asked.

"It doesn't mean anything. That's the weapon's name." I said.

"Oh. May I see my weapon?" Eveora asked.

Percy handed it back and Eveora began to study it. I finished my breakfast already and some nymphs came over and took my plate. They stopped when they saw Eveora.

"Um.....excuse me" said one of the nymphs.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Shouldn't she be working?" one of the nymphs asked.

"Oh no. She's a camper." I said.

"Oh. She looks like a nymph."

"Well she's half nymph an half elf"

At this Eveora looked up and saw the nymphs. She smiled at them shyly.

"Hi." said Eveora.

"Hi. Sorry we thought you were a nymph" said one of the nymphs.

"Well I am but I'm only half nymph....."

The nymphs walked away before Eveora could finish.

She took one more bite before getting up and quickly walked away.

I got up and followed her out. I could tell she was really upset.

I ran up to her, not knowing what to do but I kept pace with her. I noticed right away she was crying.

Grabbed her hand and turned her around.

Her eyes shined so bright and her face was red. I've never seen her so beautiful.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"I g-guess." Eveora said.

"What's wrong?"

"Well t-they d-didn't think I w-was a n-nymph."

"It's okay. They're just stuck up snobs. They are almost as bad as the Aphrodite kids." I said. I tried a kind smile.

She only nodded but didn't stop crying.

"How bout we train with Weeping Willow Avenger? Will that make things better?" I asked.

Eveora just shrugged. I knew she was upset and I'm not a real touchy guy but I put my arm on her shoulders and guided her to the arena.

At the Arena

I could tell Eveora was trying her best to hit the dummy today. But she was improving. She hit the dummy three times. One in the head, one in the heart and one in the leg.

She was getting frustrated so I got out regular targets.

"Try this. Hit the yellow dot in the middle, k?" I said

"Ok"

She pulled back her string and I could tell she was annoyed still.

"Try taking a deep breath and relax. Let it be an instinct." I told her.

She nodded her head and took a breath. She stood there for a few seconds before letting the string go.

The arrow went straight through the bullseyes. Her face was perfect. First, it was shocked. Then, it was disbelief. The last was perfect. It was pure happiness.

I smiled at her and she ran over and gave me a huge hug. As soon as she touched me it was like electric through my body. I didn't know what to do.

"I did it! I did it, I did it, I did it, I did it!!!!!!" Eveora said over and over while she hugged me.

I squirmed out and I could tell I was blushing. She was also blushing.

"Sorry bout that. I got pretty excited." Eveora said.

"It's fine" I kept my head down so she wouldn't see me blushing.

"Well thanks for the help Nico. I'm going to see Jess. Bye."

"Bye"

When she walked off, I sat down and began to wonder.

Why did I feel that electric shock when she hugged me? I can't love her. I mean we're total opposites. She's so bright and sunny and I'm dark and death. I mean there's no chance of us being together. Or is there?

Hey guys! This is the author! I need some help. Can someone help me right a prophecy. I need Nico, Eveora, Jess and Percy in it. I'm terrible with these kind of things but it would be awesome if you guys could write me a prophecy. Who ever writes the best one will be mentioned and get a shout out in the story. But I also want to shout out to a person who writes the best stories. Dianas_little_star your the best! Anyway, please help me out. You guys are the best. (P.S. It has to due with Eveora's parents being missing.