The Promise

*Nico's POV*

When we got back to camp, we explained to Max and Percy what happened. By the time we finished it was noon and everyone was starving. Jess made us PB+J sandwiches.

"So let me get this straight. Ryle, who was actually Rhea, tried to kill Eveora and currently has her parents. And she is working with some kind of powerful monster." Percy said taking a bite of his sandwich.

"Yea basically. But I'm not sure if wanted me dead right there and then. She said something about me going to be dead soon. I think she had plans for me." Eveora said not really eating.

"Well what was her plans?" Max asked feeding Elizabeth.

"I don't know" Eveora said.

We all sat in silent trying to figure out her plans. Why would someone try to hurt Eveora and her parents? What were they to the gods? Were they kings and queens or something? I thought.

The silence broke when Elizabeth began to cry.

"No no no, shhhhh. Don't worry Elizabeth. Everything is okay." Max said as he rocked Elizabeth in his arms.

"I'm going to have to put her down for her nap. Can someone help me?" Max said sheepishly.

"I'll help." Jess said with a warm smile.

"Thanks" Max said as he got up and Jess followed him over to the sleeping bags.

The rest of us sat there in silence as we finished our sandwiches. Percy stood up and brushed himself off.

"I'm going to get everything ready to get going." Percy said as he walked off.

Eveora and I nodded an sat there awkwardly in silence for a couple minutes.

"Thanks for saving me back there." Eveora said breaking the silence.

"No problem" I said looking at her.

"It was stupid of me to go with her. I should've came back with Jess." she said staring at the ground.

"It's not your fault. Ry-I mean Rhea knew you wouldn't leave your best friend. You were protecting your best friend." I looked at her and put my arm around her. She leaned her head on my shoulder.

"I almost got Jess killed."

"But you saved her and that's what matters"

"Yea I guess." Eveora said.

I pulled her closer and gave her a hug. "Look, don't beat yourself up because you were trying to protect Jess. You did the right thing."

Eveora looked into my eyes and I stared into hers. I all of sudden had butterflies in my stomach. We both began to move closer slowly until we were centimeters apart.

"Nico?" Eveora said.

"Yes?"

"I love you"

"I love you too"

We both leave in until our lips touched. I pulled away from her and stared into her beautiful green eyes.

"Eveora?"

"Yes"

"I swear on the River of Styx that we will find your parents and I will never leave your side."

She stared at me as smiled. She came close again and we kissed, the best kiss ever.

_______________________

Sorry for the short chapter and how long it took me. I was in Hershey visiting family during memorial break. Also, I was thinking about drawing pictures for the chapters. Tell me if you guys want me to. See ya!