Lernaean

*Nico's POV*

I looked at the monster. it was the same one I killed on Half-Blood Hill when Eveora arrived. It was a serpentine that was a dark green with some lighter colors of green here and there. He grinned and laughed his spine chilling laugh.

Eveora began to shake in fear and I stepped in front of her.

"Oh look at that. The boyfriend comessss to sssave the day. Sssorry to rain on your parade but thisss time you won't be defeating me. Misssstresss Rhea has given me a couple.....upgradesssss isss what we'll call them" he said smiling.

All of sudden the doors to the pool room flung open and Jess, Percy, and Max (who was also carrying Elizabth) ran in with their weapons. Jess had mine and Eveora's weapons.

They saw the monster and ran over to us. Jess handed Eveora her bow and me my sword. We pushed Eveora behind us and got into a fighting stance.

"If you want her, you'll have to get through us!" Jess yelled.

The serpentine laughed and looked at us. "Well that'll be a pieccce of cake. I'll ssshow you my new upgradesssss Rhea gave me"

The monster began to grow and grow. It grew two more heads, one was a lion and the other was a goat and his old snake head in the on the right of the lion head in the middle. He grew lion legs in the front and goat legs in the back with his old long snake tail.

I heard Eveora scream and remembered what she told me last night about how a monster killed me. I began to think the monster looked like this.

The thing laughed it's spine chilling laugh but now it was louder since of the two other heads.

"Thankssss to Rhea," the snake head said.

"I am now a Chimera," the goat head said.

"And stronger than ever," the lion head said.

"Ok freak! I don't see how you're strong by standing there" I yelled at it.

All heads glared at me. "My name is not freak. My name is Lernaean after my brethren" all heads said at the same time.

They charged and we all scattered. I was holding Eveora by the wrist so she wouldn't stay in one place shocked and be killed. She woke from her trance and shot at the monster. She hit Lernaean in the tail a couple times and he flicked around and growled/hissed/baaed. It rose it's lion paw and she dodged it easily. I saw Percy and and Jess slicing at its legs while trying to avoid the snake head. Max was holding onto Elizabeth with one arm and in the other fighting the goat head.

I looked over at Eveora and she looked to be holding her own. I ran over to Max and helped him fight the goat head. It's actually a lot harder than you think. The goat head had giant sharp teeth and was as big as a car. Max and I were doing really good until I heard a scream. I looked over and Eveora was in the lion's paw and her bow was on the floor.

"EVEORA!!!" I screamed.

I charged but knew I was to late. Lernaean laughed and ran out the giant hole he made. I chased after him but lost him right away. I dropped to my knees and held my head.

"I'm sorry Eveora. I broke my promise" I said as I began to cry. That sadness quickly turned into anger.

I punched the pavement until my hand bled. I stood up and wiped my tears. I walked into the pool room where everyone was giving me sad looks. I walked over to Eveora's bow and picked it up. I held it close and took a deep breath in. It smelt like flowers, grass, trees and anything beautiful. Just like her.

Percy walked up to me and put a hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry man. We'll find her and save her" Percy said.

"I know we will" I said and stormed out.

"I swear on the River of Styx that I will find you, Eveora" I said still holding her bow.

_______________________
EVEORA!!!!! I know, I know. Short chapter and it took me forever to write. Sorry! I've been super busy and I've been working on my other book. Also sorry for the bad picture. My sketchbook was in my book bag an it was late and I'm lazy so I had lined paper and pencils. Well I hoped you liked it. Vote and comment please. See ya!