Chapter 27: Christian Ravello

Chloe:

I moaned out in ecstasy as I stretched my naked body out on my bed. I was hoping to feel my husband beside but he was no where to be found. I frowned to myself. Where could he be?

I groggily slide out of the soft sheets and went to the bathroom. After I washed up, I put on tights and a warm knitted sweater before heading downstairs. Hushed chatter floated into my ear and I frowned once more.

Something feels different.

Instinctively, I rest my hand on my growing stomach. I round the corner into the kitchen and my nose immediately turned up in distaste at the sight of Christian with a cigarette in his mouth. Lividity sat heavily over his features and his phone was pressed against his ear.

I couldn't help but feel for the person over the phone. Christian can be really scary when he's angry. I noticed the clean suit he had on and I could tell it wasn't one I'd seen him wear before.

This suit was a navy blue color with gold lapels, a gold collar and golden wrist cuffs. The shirt he wore inside was white a golden waistcoat was bound over it. He turned in my direction and my eyes fell on the blazer's pocket. Three chain links, each longer than the last hung from it; also golden in color.

My eyes find his and his crystal blue eyes widen. He look like he'd been caught with his hand in the cookie jar while I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Listen," he grunted to the person over phone, "You know who I am, you know what I can do. Just let those fuckers know I'm back on my territory."

His tone surprised me and a pleasant shiver goes down my spine at the coldness. He removes the cancer stick from between his lips and ends the call. All the while, his gaze doesn't leave mine.

A snicker interrupts what he was about to say and I turn my eyes toward the dining table. I hadn't noticed that everyone was awake. The snicker came from none other than my best friend, Rachel who is cuddled up beside a content looking Roger.

"I'd like to see how you get yourself out of this one?" she chuckles before sending a kiss my way.

I raise a brow at my husband as I went closer to him, his towering height making me feel small but safe. "You haven't smoked in weeks, " I mumbled.

He breath out shakily and took another pull from the cancer stick before closing the space between us and wrapping his free hand around my waist.

I turned up my nose again as he pressed a kiss to the top of my head, "I know, baby. I'm just stressed right now."

I huffed and glance at Lisabeth having an animated talk with my dad. I hardened my eyes on my husband and follow him to the table.

"Did you have to do it in front of Lisabeth?" I bit out as he pulled a chair for me.

He sighs as he pushes me in and pats the top of my head before taking a seat beside me. He outs the cigarette in an ashtray, I only just realized was sitting on table and raised his hands in surrender.

"I'm sorry, baby," he drawls, "I wasn't thinking."

He puts a plate full of pancakes in front of me and I groan. "Why?" I mumbled to him as I begrudgingly started eating. He knows I can't finish all this.

I look to him with my mouth full and his eyes freeze over, "I know you haven't been eating properly."

I send Rachel a glare and she simply points to her boyfriend beside her. A familiar warm hand grabs my jaw as I swallow and my gaze is brought back to my husband's.

"You promised to take care of yourself, Chloe," he mumbles in a reprimanding tone, "I'm disappointed."

I huff and yank my face out of his hand which surprises everyone.