Chapter 19: Sicily

Chloe:

The night breeze blows through my hair, sending shivers down my spine. Tonight is the night; Christian is sending us away to Sicily. Lisabeth is clutched tightly to her father's leg as we wait behind the old warehouse where Christian's cousin had told us to meet him.

Christian got out of the hospital just yesterday and he loved me all night. It was as if it would be the last time he touches me. I didn't let him know my concerns due to me wanting us to part on good terms. I cannot wait for this to blow over so my family can be together again.

I asked Christian to look after my mother while I'm away as I didn't have the time to let her know I'm leaving and as for Rachel, she's coming with me along with Gerald and his brother Henry.

"Where the fuck is Vince?" Rachel grumbles under her breath and I sigh. Lisabeth just tightens her grip on Christian's leg. The poor kid just found her father and knowing she has to leave him is taking a toll on her.

"He'll be here any minute now," Christian answers his sister's question. My best friend grumbles something about Roger and her having a fight over this and crosses her arms.

"I'm so sorry we're late!" a feminine voice calls out to us. I lift my head up to see a familiar face heading our way, along with two men, I've never seen before. As the three figures got closer, my memory clicked and I knew exactly who the woman is.

"Miliani?"

My voice comes out in a whisper as she winks at me just as they stop in front of us. "So you've heard of Miliani?" My best friend asks.

"Still as slow as ever," one of the men with Miliani chuckles. He is as tall as Christian with grey eyes and dark hair and bulging muscles. His features resembled those of Christian as well, so I'm guessing this is his cousin.

Rachel rolls her eyes, "Whatever Vince; hurry up and lead us to the jet." This must be Vincenzo and from the looks of it, the other guy must be his brother.

Christian pulls me to face him and I realize at some point he must have lifted our daughter into his arms. His eyes held so much sadness, so much guilt, and regret. He wanted us with him but for our safety, we cannot stay.

"I"m going to miss you both so terribly," he whispers to me, resting his forehead against mine. My eyes began to stung and I closed them tightly. I need to be strong so Lisabeth can be strong.

"Remember to call every night, from a payphone and only 20 seconds okay?"

I nod at him and take a deep breath, allowing my eyes to flutter open, "I love you." He didn't respond but instead placed his lips on my gently and he slides the hand on my waist to my still growing stomach.

He pulls away slowly and transfers Lisabeth to me which wasn't an easy task. She screamed and cried for her father which made my heart break into many pieces. When I finally got hold of her, she gave up struggling and shoved her head into my neck.

Tears still dripped out of her eyes and I knew this because my dress was getting soaked. After one tearful, longing look, I stepped away from my husband. My heart squeezed in my chest with every step I took away from him.

I followed my escorts, all six of the surrounding myself and the little girl in my arms as we get closer to the jet. The feeling of my husband's eyes disappeared the moment we get to the aircraft and my vision became blurry as fat drops of tears slid down my cheeks.

A ball formed in my throat and my chest tightened. Every step I took inside the jet became heavy and seemed to weigh me down. I heard Rachel's voice faintly as she pulled Lisabeth away from me. I was pushed into a seat and the next thing, I know the jet is taking off.

We were safely in the sky in a few minutes and then it happened. The damn broke and a pained scream left my lips. It's really happening again; my happiness, my life is being stripped from me again and I have no idea when I'll be getting it back.

~~~~~~~~💍~~~~~~~~