Chapter 28: Beauty and the Beast Again

Chloe:

Christian went into the basement with Vincenzo and Angelo about three hours ago and I haven't seen him since. I didn't even want to know what was happening down there. The last time Vincenzo and Angelo went there they came back with blood splattered all over them.

I shuddered. I know what the mafia do and I know how they get their answers. Was Christian like that too?

"You've never been told about the teenage mobster Christian Ravello have you?" Dangelo's voice asked. I turned my gaze to him sting on the couch across from me. Elara was tucked away in his arm, asleep.

I frowned at him not understanding what he meant. My husband was a teenage mobster? No it can't be true.

He smirked," I'm telling you, Chloe. Your husband is not a man to be messed with. He'd come over here fir summers and when he was no one was safe. You can't threaten a man like him, he'll kill you before the first word can leave your lips."

I chuckled, "You make him out to be some kind of legend or something."

Dangelo only smiled and went back to rocking his baby. I couldn't help but wonder if Chris will be like that to our baby. I've seen his cousin taking the kid everywhere he goes. He won't even let her out of his sight for even a moment unless she's with Mafalda or Miliani.

"Where's my daughter in law?"

The British tinged voice interrupted my line of thought. I turned in the direction of the voice, my eyes lighting up as I set eyes on Lydia Humphrey standing by the front door.

"Lydia!" I squealed, climbing off the couch.

I hobbled my way over to her and she immediately snatched me up in a hug, letting out a joyful laugh.

"And what am I, chopped liver?" another accented voice mumbled.

I pulled away from the hug, just noticing my father in law beside his wife. I smiled and hugged him, "Hi Ryan."

"Now that's much better," he said laughingly as I stepped back.

"Hey Aunt Lydia, Uncle Ryan," Dangelo called from behind.

Lydia looked behind me with a smile, "Is that the little one!"– and then she was off toward him.

Her husband laughed and faced me again, "Where's the son of mine."

"Well–"

"Right here, dad."

My lips sealed shut as Christian's voice responded to his father's question. He walked through the entrance and I almost fainted at the sight of him. His face was splattered with blood, his navy blue suit was soaked and appeared darker and his eyes had a crzed look in them.

This wasn't the man I grew to love.

Ryan turned around after noticing my frozen state and his next words sent a dark feeling to the pit of my stomach.

"Who did you kill this time Christian?" Ryan sighed.

"Some dick who called himself Louis," he responded nonchalantly.

My eyes widened the longer I stared at my husband who looked very much like the dangerous man Dangelo painted him out to be. My breath hitched when the realization hit me; Chris could have killed Mike at any point. Why didn't he?

"Oh my, Chris, you're covered in blood!" Lydia shrieked from behind me, "Go get cleaned up, your poor wife's in shock."

Hard crystal blue eyes met my wide ones before they softened. My feet started taking me closer toward him. All that blood; some of it must be his right?

"Baby, don't come any closer," he ordered once I was half way to him.

My feet halted and I frowned, aware of the eyes watching us. Why didn't he want me near him?

"I need to make sure you're okay," I mumbled back.

"I don't want any of this man's disgusting blood on you, sweetheart. Let me shower first," he insisted.

"Let me come with you," I retorted.

"And that's our cue to leave!" Ryan exclaimed nervously.

Then I heard feet hastily marching out of t room. Then it was just my husband and I. My heart ached as I stared at him. He definitely was not the business tycoon at this moment.

"You really aren't going to let up until you touch me are you?" he asked monotonously.

"Please, don't push me away."

My whispered plea broke him and he sighed. He silently urged me to follow him and I did. Once we got to our room, we went into the bathroom and he reluctantly allowed me take off his bloody clothes.

"I don't like the idea of you touching this man's blood," he mumbled as I took the last article clothing off his body.

"Relax, Chris. I'm not gonna die from just touching blood," I mumbled stepping back.

I peeled the sweater and thighs off my body, my cheeks turning pink as his eyes scanned over my body. It was a different kind of stare; one intense and hot.

We stepped into the shower and I turned the water on the medium setting. We faced each other as I started washing the blood from his face. His hands held my stomach on either side as my fingers skimmed down his neck and chest.

Once all the blood was washed away, I sighed in relief. There were no bruises on his skin; no cuts, no stabs. His hands slid their way up to my cheeks, gently tilting my head up so that out eyes meet once more.

"Aren't you scared of me, baby," he whispers sullenly.

"Why would I be?" I frowned.

He sighed, "Chloe I'm not the man you think I am. I'm a monster."

"You're my husband, not a monster. I love you, no matter what. You accepted me despite my past and for you I would do the same. I understand. This is your family and this is what you do to protect your own. As long as you come home to me at the end of the day. "

He didn't say anything, his eyes softened and then he leaned forward capturing my lips. I hooked my fingers around his neck as his tongue invaded my mouth. He snaked his arms around my waist pulling me as close as my protruding belly will allow.

The water cascaded around us as he backed me onto the shower wall, our kiss becoming heated as each second ticked by. He grabbed onto my thigh hoisting that leg up and around his waist as his member pulsated against me.

"I fucking love you Mrs. Humphrey," he whispered against my lips, "And I'm about to show you just how much."

~~~~~💍~~~~~