What A Ball Give Away ~ Alex Greenwood

Alex Greenwood X England Player! reader 

Trent Alexander Arnold X Sister! reader 

Today was the fourth Liverpool Premier League game of the 2022 to 2023 season, and I mean Liverpool were my home club. Same with my partner, Alex, yep Alex Greenwood. So far they were off to a shit start, but I had to hope they could bring it home while I was watching as I finally had a day off. 

Me and Alex have been together since 2008, when we were teens, people had opinions about us being together, so before anything happened in our careers, we 'split' up to people in the town a month after we left high school. 

And I mean spending 14 years with my partner now, well my wife, it was lovely to call her this. It was hard to hide it all. Literally the only people who know about us were our families, our team mates and our friends outside of football, but that was very limited. 

And then back in 2015 after 7 years of being together, on a lone day in the middle of World Cup matches I was asked to marry Alex, when she proposed in the middle of Canada, I honestly can't remember where, but she had the girls write it out in frigging footballs on a practice pitch. 

And then in 2018 we had our secret wedding, held in Liverpool, obviously, when we had everyone we needed there. During that summer, it was a time I would never forget, and we spend a week off in France after that. 

I had Jordan Nobbs as my maid of Honor with Jill Scott taking Alex's side for the night, and then we had some of our best friends following us down the aisle. 

But since then we haven't even really thought about revealing the relationship we have, I mean people speculate, of course they do. But nothing comes from it. 

We just ignore it, but we both know one day we will share it with the world, but even the celebration I had with Alex after the Euro's no one even batted an eyelid, especially not the girls. 

I think it's the best kept secret in Women's Football, and if you join the England Lionesses you bet yourself that you find out about this and you make a vow to never share it. 

Yes it's a bit cultish, but us Lionesses basically are a cult. 

~~

Now I was driving me and Alex to Anfield for the match that was happening this afternoon. Alex's hand rested on my thigh like it was second nature for us. 

"Are you excited?" Alex asked me with a small smile plastered on her lips as I looked away from the road for a second. 

"Of course, I am, even if we are playing shit this season." I told her with a small smile as I placed my hand on top of hers now. 

"Yeah, but come on, do you remember the way?" Alex asked me as she grabbed her bag, which held her medal in, and mine was just on the back seat, it also holding my medal in it. 

"No, why else would I have the SAT NAV on?" I asked her as I shook my head rolling my eyes at all of this. 

"Well you are going home." Alex told me as she took out our rings which we kept in her bag right now. 

"Well sorry that we both have gotten so used to Manchester." I told her with a small smile. 

"What are you doing with those?" I know asked her as I turned my head ever so slightly as we were only around the corner to the stadium. 

"Well I'm gonna wear mine." Alex told me as I watched her slip her ring onto her left finger. 

"And you babe, are gonna wear yours." Alex told me as she passed me the two rings as we joined the queue of people parking at the club in the back entrance, I was stealing Trent's spot as he was driving in with Robbo so I had a spot to park.