Jealous, How? ~ Lucy Bronze

Lucy Bronze X Barcelona Player! Reader

Moving to Barca with Lucy and Kiera as three English girls was hard. But it was even harder when I was only six months clear of my ACL injury, having returned in January 2022. 

However the move was easier than expected after meeting Alexia. Alexia was going through her own ACL injury which was obtained just before the Euros. And quickly we bonded over this. 

She taught me Spanish, I taught her British English and phrases I use a lot. But we created a bond quickly, quicker than I did with anyone on the team bar Patri. 

And to say mine and Lucy's relationship isn't one that has it bouts of jealousy would be a lie. We are both jealous people, but Lucy topped it off. She even got jealous of Narla our dog a lot. 

And while I liked it when Lucy got jealous when she really was jealous she could go without talking for hours as a 'punishment' for me spending lots of time without her. 

And today that had gone full force, as it was Alexia's first full training session back and I had offered to do it with her as I knew first hand how scary it is. 

And what I wasn't really expecting what the level of jealousy from Lucy after it all. 

I was lucky I caught her in the changing rooms, after we came out of the showers. 

"What's wrong?" I asked Lucy as I sat next to her. She stayed silent. 

"Lucy, talk to me what's wrong?" I asked her as I turned to look at her, placing my hand on her upper thigh. 

"If you don't talk to me I can wait, but I can't keep getting the silent treatment when you get jealous. I can't help if you don't talk to me." I told Lucy as I forced her to look me in the eyes. 

"Alexia." She told me one word. 

"Alexia? This is over Alexia? How?" I asked her as I shook my head. 

"You've been with her all day!" Lucy finally spoke more than a word to me. 

"It's her first training session back from her injury, she needs someone. I know how it feels to come back from this injury." I told Luc as I shook my head. "You saw how I was, I was shit scared. I needed someone." 

"And I've given her my help because this is what she needs, she needs someone who will go easy, who will let her have things, but will still push her." I told Lucy. 

"I get that we both get jealous, but there's nothing to be jealous of with her. Now with her dog Nala that's where you should be jealous." I told Lucy with a smile. "That dog loves me more than life." 

"Not helping." Lucy told me shaking her head with a small smile on her face. 

"And finally! A smile! Didn't think you could smile anymore!" I told the brunette with a smile.  

AN: Please answer this google form on a Love Island WOSO book I want to create.