Question Of Sport ~ Lauren Hemp

I was sat with Sam Quek, Hockey legend, and Lauren hemp, not only my fiancé of 5 years but also fellow Lioness. And my biggest rival in football. I mean I play for Manchester United, there was no way that we wouldn't have an amazing love story. 

And after this summer there was no way in hell that I was letter her go, so when she proposed after the Euro's when we were all away on holiday, I knew that I would struggle to hide this, but I had done well so far with hiding this so far. 

But I've known Lauren since we were children, our parents are best friends, which is weird as our parents support rival teams and it becomes so funny watching the derby's. 

I'm known for playing opposite her on the pitch as I play in defence, and I'm known for being one of the top defenders, and I mean I love it, I get to tackle my fiancé on a pitch, and it's my job, and then I get to go home and 'argue' over football. 

But even us playing opposite each other has never prevented anything about our relationship, and I mean the world knows we're together, but they don't know that Lauren proposed to me. 

And being on Question Of Sport, you never know what the fuck could get brought up. And that would be how we were caught in such a mess. 

~~

It all just had to start with Paddy McGuinness saying..... "I'll tell you how young Lauren and Victoria are." 

God what the fuck could be brought up, I was a year younger than my fiancée. 

"We filmed Phoenix Nights in 2000." Paddy told us all as my eyes widened, I watched the show growing up. 

"Did ya?!" Sam asked as she looked at him. "It's crazy that innit?" 

"I know it's mental, innit?" Paddy now said nodding along with Sam. 

"And Victoria was born in 2001." Paddy added as I went bright red as to this being brought up. 

"What's that?" Lauren asked and I started cackling my ass, off already knowing she had never even heard of the show I grew up watching and loving. 

"There is absolutely no need for that." Paddy told us all as we all laughed at him. 

"But at least I've watched the show." I told him as I leaned over and winked at Lauren. 

"Don't start winking now." Ugo told us all catching my quick wink at Lauren. 

"What were they doing?" Paddy asked Ugo. 

"Vic winking at Lauren." Ugo tattled on us. 

"Now that we've finally caught Vic doing something to Lauren, can we ask about something that we all know was said in the US vs England match this year?" Paddy asked me. 

"Yeah sure." I told him as I nodded. 

"When the ref said Lauren had a handball what did you say back." Paddy asked me like he already had this lined up to ask me. "We have this on video so we will play it." 

"Ref that weren't even a hand ball, it hit her arse. I know I...." I laughed as I hoped it wouldn't have come out like this. "I know cos I watch that arse all day, it were no where near her arse." 

"Lovely to know you watch my ass." Lauren told me with a laugh. 

"What I'm allowed to aren't I?" I asked her with a smirk knowing she could deny it, or she could allow it to come out now. 

"Yeah, just good to know you look at it at home and while we work." Lauren told us with a smirk. 

"of course I do." I told her winking again. 

"What the hell is going on here on this very day!" Sam asked as she looked between me and Luaren as we were on either side of her. 

"You gonna tell then?" I asked Lauren as I smirked at her. 

"Why not?" Lauren told me. 

"So we grew up together, and back in 2017, we started dating." Lauren told everyone with a smile. 

"What the hell!" Paddy asked us both. "We asked for rivals but this is some Romeo and Juliet stuff." 

"And then after winning the Euro's this summer, she asked me to marry her." I told them all showing off the necklace which was hidden under my blazer and shirt for the show. 

"OH MY GOD!" Sam screamed as she looked so happy. 

"So...." Ugo encouraged us. 

"So this is Victoria Anderson and she is soon to be Victoria Hemp." Lauren told everyone as she pointed at me. 

"And that is Lauren Hemp, she's staying as Lauren Hemp." I told them all with a smile. 

It felt nice finally being out with all of this and being out to the world about my relationship with my wife. 

"How do Manchester derby's get in your house then?" Paddy asked us. 

"Oh it is so tense but afterwards we don't let it affect us and our lives out of football." I told them all. 

"Like if she tackles me then I'll get her back at some point but whatever happens we just get over it and we live with it." Lauren finished for us with a smile.