Chapter One

Savannah POV

I should be looking through the job ads since rent is due faster than my bank account can keep up with, but a freshly MBA graduate doesn't have the experiences needed to work at any of the openings which are available. They want experience which I don't have. The other jobs which I can qualify for are either too demeaning or don't pay well enough. The most promising thing I can find is a cashier at a burger shop. I decided to give my search a rest and look through travel magazines instead. One day I will go to France. It’s my life’s mission. I don’t care what kind of job it requires for me to get there. I’m going to do it—even if that means dancing at a strip joint. Well I won't dare dance at the strip joint in reality. 

Zoysia, my roommate and best friend, walks in and sits down on the couch beside me. She has this devilish look in her eyes and I know that's trouble, so I ignored her and continued watching 'Matchmaker Playbook'. 

"I talked to a friend of mine who works at Sloan's International Groups of Company Limited and he said there is a position opening there for a personal assistant." Zoysia told me all excited.

"Come on Zoysia, personal assistant? They normally work personal assistant like a slave and there's no growth from there because they will never recommend you for anything higher. I think I will stick to my job at the burger shop." I told her with a disappointing tone.

"But this personal assistant gig is so much better. You will be applying for the CEO personal assistant position. Plus my friend did me a huge favor in putting your name down on the list of candidates. He personally recommended you." She told me. 

"How good of a salary are we talking about?" I asked her curiously.

"Jeff told me the last assistant made $80,000 per year. He says she wanted to get intimate with the boss but he is very professional when it comes to his work. I think she tried to grope him or something." She told me.

"That's way better than what I make right now. Plus he's the boss so maybe I could impress him with my skills and I can get a better position at the company." I told her.

"Yes or maybe he might fall in love with you and you become Mrs. Sloan." Zoysia told me while making a kissing face at me.

"If I do work there, it will be professional and I am not trying to get into my boss's pants." I told her in a serious tone.

"Okay! Okay! Gaia, let's go to this club I am dying to go to." She begged me.

"Zoysia, you know clubbing isn't my thing."

"But I stick my neck out for you with that job."

"Zoysia, I don't have the job yet." I reminded her.

"Gaia, you are more than qualified for that job, plus Jeff is his head of security and best friend with Mr. Sloan. His recommendation will mean a lot. Let's have some fun for a change and not worry about tomorrow." She pleaded with me.

"Okay fine, let me go change." 

"You're the best Gaia! She shouted and hugged me.

I went into my room and looked for something to wear. I slided into black lace dress. Then began contemplating whether to put on makeup or not. I decided to go with some light foundation and a blood red lipstick. I didn't wear any jewelry, simply because I wasn't the type. I just like to keep it simple.

 I just like to keep it simple