Chapter Eleven

Savannah POV 

I met Zoysia for lunch. My thoughts keep returning to what happened in Damien's office as I sit down with Zoysia. I couldn't believe what a slut I was. However, the sex was fucking hot. I've never felt like that before in my life.

It was difficult to understand what Zoysia was saying. Damien is all I can think about. I breeze through lunch with Zoysia.

I showed her the ring Damien had given me. She was taken aback when she saw it.

When the bill arrived, Zoysia insisted on paying, but I told her it was my treat because it had always been her treat. She relented and let me pay.

"Next time, my treat," Zoysia says as she looks at me.

“Whatever.” I sigh and scoot out of the booth, leaning over to kiss each of their cheeks.

"Please contact me. "We should plan a girls' night out soon," I told Zoysia.

"I'll call soon," she confirms, and I wave goodbye as I exit the restaurant.

Stopping at the edge of the sidewalk across the street from the company, I observe Damien standing in the doorway with his hand raised, the door open, and his gaze fixed on an elderly lady he's conversing with.

He smiles at the older lady and nods, saying something to her before she walks away. As he turns to go back inside, his eyes catch mine and he grins, closing the door behind him and jogging across the street to me.

"Hey.” Once he's in front of me, I smile.

"Did you enjoy your lunch with Zoysia?" Before I can respond, he wraps his arm around my waist, drops his mouth to mine, and softly kisses me.

"Yes," I say against his lips, turning my head when I hear Zoysia yell.

"Oh my goodness! "You guys are so cute," she exclaims as she rushes out of the café toward us.

 "Damien, congratulations!" "My name is Zoysia, Savannah." She laughs as she hugs him and makes me laugh.

“Thanks! "It's a pleasure to meet you, Zoysia." Damien mumbles, hugging her back with one arm because his free hand is still clutching mine.

"We should go on double dates." She beams at us, her eyes darting between us.

"Are you dating?" In disbelief, I inquired.

"Yes! He's a wonderful person." She informed me.

"That's fantastic. We must definitely double date." I told her that I knew Damien would despise it.

"I wish we had more time to talk, but I have to get back to work," she grumbles, looking at her watch before looking at me.

"Please contact me as soon as possible so that we can plan a girls' night out." Maybe we should throw you a bachelorette party." Her eyes sparkle with mischief as she smiles.

"I love you," I say, feeling her arms tighten before she takes a step back.

"I'll see you two later," Zoysia says.

Damien mutters, "You're not having a bachelorette party."

"We'll have to see." I grin as I step ahead of him, then hear him yell, "Nooo!" as his hand grabs mine and pulls me back. A car clipping my hip and thigh sends me spiraling to the concrete, where my head bounces, turning everything black.

"You heard the doctor, didn't you?" She'll be just fine. Please relax. "You're not going to help her if you're a fucking wreck when she wakes up," my father's gruff voice says off in the distance. My head feels like it was hit with a baseball bat, and my eyes are too heavy to open. I begin to panic as I try to fight whatever the hell has dragged me under, but it seems impossible, and I eventually give up, allowing the darkness to take over.

""Baby, you've got to wake up and let me know you're okay," Damien says worriedly against my ear, and I frown. Why shouldn't I be fine? Then I feel pain in my head and side, and I remember being hit by a car.

"Damien.” The smell of disinfectant tells me I'm in the hospital even before I open my eyes.

“Finally.” His warm hand rests against my cheek, and my body relaxes slightly as a result of his touch. "Please open your eyes for me." I try. I make every effort, but they are so heavy. "Please open your eyes," he murmurs, his soft lips resting against my brow. I struggle against the weight, and my eyes slowly open. It takes a second for me to focus, but when I do, his face looms above me, his worried eyes searching mine. "There you have it." His thumb slides down the bridge of my nose, closing my heavy eyelids once more. "Look at me, I'm stunning." I blink open again and gaze up at his handsome face.

“Fuck.” He bends, his mouth touching mine. "I adore you." "Stay awake for me," he says as he leans back, picks up the remote attached to the bed, and presses something on it before grabbing a pink cup with a straw and placing it against my mouth. "Slow," he says as I take gulp after gulp of cool water.

I shake my head and whisper, "I got hit by a car," as I let go of the straw. I notice his eyes closing and his jaw clenching.