13 | Blood in the Water

tw: violence and harassment - seriously.

CHRISTINA HAD TO ADMIT SHE WENT TOO FAR, yet, she couldn't bring herself to feel bad about what she had said

Just recalling the way Joe was acting was enough to make her blood boil again. Did she say it because she genuinely believed it? Because it bothered her that Joe was focusing on the wrong things? Or was it because the way she insulted them at the very beginning had left a freshly stung wound and she needed to bite back?

She wasn't sure. Although Joe's hostility bothered her, she could understand where it came from. But it was a prejudice that she held against them.

Christina hesitated once they arrived at the roundabout. She stared at the bar and flicked her wrists to release some of the tension.

It was a prejudice she herself held against them, too.

"Did I not make myself clear?" Joe's eyebrows shot up, eyes wide in disbelief as she caught sight of the trio once again

"Did I not make myself clear?" Joe's eyebrows shot up, eyes wide in disbelief as she caught sight of the trio once again. "Let me teach you some manners since you clearly lack them." She slammed the drink on the table she was serving, taking brisk strides to reach them as a flash of hot anger rushed through her veins.

Robin stood before Christina, shielding her. Finn stood before Robin; he didn't want any trouble.

"Wait, wait, wait-" He put his hands in front of him, palms up as he stood between the two parties. "Wait, just listen," he leaned back when Joe stood right in front of him, figure tall and looming over his, fists clenched by her side. Her face was contorted in a scowl; eyebrows itched together, and teeth bared. She was looking behind him, meeting Robin's square gaze. The latter's features were calm in contrast. Despite the tautness of her nerves, she held back. She wasn't here for a fight.

"Listen..." Finn trod carefully like he was trying to tame a wild animal. "I'm sorry about earlier-"

"Not your fight to pick," she snarled.

Christina met her eyes. She took a step forward. Robin stopped her with her forearm. Best for her not to interfere; it was one of the rare moments she knew she would make it worse.