31 | Rude Awakening

AN: no warnings just brief mentions of the ol' atheism and off-screen consumption of weed.

FINN WAS PEACEFULLY LOUNGING ON THE KITCHEN ISLAND, fully showered and eating cereal to tame the hunger suffocating his stomach when the door burst open

His mouth hung slightly, and the hand holding the spoon paused in midair when both Robin and Kaden stormed inside the house, heading for the latter's bedroom. His eyes skipped to their shoes right before the door shut behind them.

"Hey, that was my corner," he sulked, refusing to mop it again. His face shot back to the door when he heard several others shuffle inside. "For Christ's sake, the shoes." He ushered in frustration, eyes snapping up and face abruptly morphing into surprise when he noticed Spencer.

She mirrored his expression. "What are you doing here?"

"What are you?"

"Where is everyone?" Joe piped up from the doorway.

"Showering." He gestured at the closed bedroom doors.

"Okay," Christina huffed, shutting the door after her, eyes resolute as they landed on Spencer. "You're explaining to me."

Spencer stifled a groan, hand reaching to rub her forehead. Finn felt his shoulder tense in the wake of her words, but it all vanished when he noticed they were all empty-handed.

"You didn't get groceries?" He wanted to full-on weep, and he slouched, shoving cereal inside of his mouth. "I knew I should've packed noodles. This might be my last meal..."

Christina ignored him, her eyes fixed on the woman before her.

"Explain," she demanded.

"This isn't my shit to deal with." Spencer dropped on the couch and leaned forward, her leg jutting restlessly.

Christina moved to sit on the coffee table right before her.

"Explain, anyway."