Chapter 22 - The War Ends

Darius's POV

I never thought that Luna was strong enough to hurt me, but my now burned chest was a painful proof.

She showed no signs of wanting to succumb to me, so I had to prove to my little mate, who was the strongest. She should fall on her knees before me and ask for my forgiveness.

I was certain that Luna would not go as far as to kill me because we had completed our mating. If she killed me, she would die herself. The reason for this was that we were both immensely strong creatures.

I could see as the smoke faded around me that my army had made a great deal of keeping the werewolves back. Beasts I never thought would contaminate my kingdom ever again.

Their unsavory transformations and their love for weakness. As long as someone or something could be helped, it did not matter with who, what or why. As long as they could help, whey was glad- only the helpless and weak had that kind of thinking.

"So you really think you can defeat me?" I taunted.

"Do you really believe you are so strong that I am not able to wound you because I've already done it" Luna snarled.

"Wounding me is one thing; to defeat me is something completely different" I vowed.

Sometime later

Luna had guessed right, I did fear her powers. Nevertheless, with reason. Since she was the firstborn of the twins, it was she who had inherited the most destructive of the magic. My mother had warned me about Luna's strength. However, I think that my mother had underestimated my mate.

I had wounds all over my body now, and I guessed that half of those wounds went as far as to be in contact with my bones.

My army though was beaten up more than me, more than half of them were dead, and those who still were fighting did it with their last strength. Should I, the king of the magic dimension, be defeated by a bunch of mutts and two witches.

My last resort to turn the game in my favor would do damage to myself. But if the fight went the way it looked like, I would lose everything and worse of all, I would lose it all because of a woman who should be my submissive.

With clenched teeth, I made my body ready for the transformation. I could feel my bones change seats and move on around on all my organs and muscles. It is probably not the most glamorous transformation, but beauty and glamor are for women, small fragile women.

My mate or rather my slave should probably succumb to my strength, even if I had to force her to her knees.

Luna's POV.

While Darius came to himself after he was swung out of the wall earlier, I had made a connection between Shane, Chris, Bell and myself. That way we could communicate while the battle spread in the yard.

However, the problem was I was exhausted and my sister was exhausted. Everyone was exhausted, the war had to end and quickly.

I closed my eyes for a short minute to focus my strength.

Bell gasped beside me and I opened my eyes in a hurry. In front of me was my mate's body started to change shape. From breathtaking handsome, he now stood in front of me as a monster, not like the werewolves, more like one of them I could only imagine in my worst nightmare.

Darius had changed shape into a deathly pale monster without a real face, only needle-sharp fangs were visible. The body was hidden with a black coat, almost the same as how we humans image Death's look. Just without the scythe. He was more frightening than anything I had ever seen.