Chapter 8 - The short Yesteryear

The next morning I had to back to Chicago. I had this photo-shoot, and Darius insisted that he would go with me, that's going to be fun I thought to myself, thinking about my ex that also would be at the same shoot.

"Let's go" Darius rushed. He was actually excited to see me work my magic as he had called it.

We walked through this corridor into a room, with something that looked like a portal inside, I looked at Darius, and when I was about to ask him about it, he pushed me into the portal, when I opened my eyes, I was on my butt in my apartment.

My apartment was very modern, huge windows and large rooms, a stylish kitchen that I had never used. A bathroom that had both a bathtub and a shower.

The rooms were always quiet, but I had never really spent much time in my home, in fact, I had spent most of my time in bed, in the bathroom or in my walk-in closet. I had so much money because of my work, so my closet was stuffed with all kinds of clothes, many still with the price tag still attached.

I had always had a cleaning lady, but there had never been much to clean, again because of my little to nothing presence. I had only chosen the apartment as a result of it being next to the bureau.

Personally, I think that there was a cold feeling in the condo, but I had never taken my time to personalize it. Only my bedroom and wardrobe showed off my personal style.

I was a little upset that Darius should see my insensitive occasion, but now that it had happened, I just had to live with it.

Darius was standing behind me chuckling. "So you have been visiting my apartment without me knowing it." I teased raising one of my eyebrows.

"Kind of" he smirked. "You look really sexy when you masturbate" he grinned.

I blushed immediately, holy freakin' shit he had seen me, I blushed even more by the thought and the pictures of myself doing you know what. Hopefully, he didn't know that I was doing it to his image.

"Anyways I will just change and then we can head to the studio." I declared.

Darius was in my heels walking to my bedroom where my sorry excuse for a walk-in closet was. I mean comparing it to the one in Darius's dimension this wasn't even big enough to be a restroom.

I walked in and looked around on my plain cloth. I had to put on something to make me not attract attention to me. I had made a bad mistake once, which resulted in my late showing at the shoot and making the photographer pissed.

I chose a plain white oversized blouse and some tight fitting bourbon coloured jeans, some black short boots, and a pair of white sunglasses, my eyes was my biggest trademark, I had never had many colors in them, in other words, my cornea was almost white, the corpus ciliary and the cornea is only separated by a thin black line.

That together with my dark red hair made me a star right away, and people remembered me.

I walked back into the bedroom; I had made Darius wait for me there while I changed.

Darius looked at me with shining eyes; he was clearly showing lust in them. But I had a job waiting for me.

"We have to go now, or I'll be late," I explained.

He took my hand and we walked together out of my apartment and down to the hall.

I lived right next to the studio so I didn't need to hurry, but I would be late if we started something now.

But being an attractive model, I didn't have to wait for people, people would wait for me. Not that I am one of those types who exploit it, but it had saved me a few times in the past.

We walked out on the street and towards the entrance to 'midnight beauty'.

The lobby had always been gigantic, we knew immediately the moment we entered the building that it was a company which had with appearance to do.

The lobby, which was made in a simple elegant style, had black marble tiles and white columns, high ceilings and two separate staircases on each side of the square room. At the end of the room, there was a huge receptionist table, with an overly decorated woman sitting behind it.

Every time I had gone into the building, she sat there stereotypical and sharpened her way too long nails.

I started walking towards the right staircase and Darius followed, we were still holding hands. We walked up the marble-paved stairs that had the same color as the tiles, up to the 4th floor. Were the studio where I was to have a photo-shoot in was, room 16.

I opened the door and immediately I recognized the hectic everyday life as a model.

"There you are, my muse." Christopher cried out from the other end of the studio.

"Sorry I'm late, Chris," I said simply.

"Just hurry up and change clothes, so we can get started" he rushed at me.

I let go of Darius's hand and hurried over to the clothing rack with the new designer clothes. We had to take pictures for Victoria Secret this time, I thought to myself as I saw the fancy lingerie.

I loved to show how confident I was with my body, though it had not always been that way. It was only when I became a model that I learned that I was beautiful and it was only then I began to like myself and my appearance.

Darius was still standing by the door smiling at me. I went to change behind one of the room dividers which were set up in the room, to change behind. When I finally had the underwear on and assured myself that it was hugging my body correct, I walked out and showed off my long slim legs that were even more emphasized by the high heels I was wearing.

I was 176 cm tall, and thereby the perfect high for a model.

I walked over to the podium which was decorated with white pillows, the other models had already changed and were ready. So it was just to start posing for the pictures.

Christopher or Chris as I called him, was known as one of the best photographers in Chicago, and he knew he was god, when he was hired by midnight beauty, he had some demands before signing the contract, he would choose the models he was going to take pictures off, and I had the pleasure of always being on his wish list.

Chris was also lucky on the term look. He was a handsome guy; he had emerald green eyes you could get lost in and natural blonde hair. He was always shaved but had always small stubbles, which did nothing to downgrade his gorgeous face. With his 194 cm, he was easily noticed, and his muscular body made it even harder not to. I actually had a crush on him when I first made his acquaintance, but after having come to know him, I figured he was more the big brother for me.

I was adopted but was the only child in the house, and my adoptive parents used me as a porcelain doll they could showcase and boast about.

But when I was old enough to stand on my own feet at 17, I moved away from them, because I did not care for being a trophy anymore.

At first, I tried to find my biological parent, but nothing came up and after 2½ years, I gave up. 1 year later I was discovered by a scout, who was looking for the new face of 'Midnight Beauty' and I quickly became popular.