Chapter 12 - The Encounter.

Immediately after his lips once again had left mine, I knew I couldn't let it go the way he wanted it to.

I wasn't ready to have a partner, my life was just beginning to fall into place and having a mate would defiantly make things complicated again. I had to do something and I had to do it fast.

Then I remembered a spell I had put over my room in the apartment. I quickly took one last glimpse of Shane. "Home" I chanted, and after a while, my body was hurled through a portal and I was back in my room. Thanks to all the clothes lying on the floor, if they hadn't I would have hit the floor, with my butt first, and damn that would have hurt.

"That was too close for comfort," I said to myself. But I breathed a sigh of relief too soon; I had forgotten that I was still bound by the hands and feet, and those annoying chains could not be chanted open since they were made to withstand a witch. So I had to do it the old fashioned way. Luckily the links were not as strong against an ordinary saw.

Yes, I had a saw lying in my room. because I hadn't had the time to make my bed and the guys didn't know of my witchcraft, so I had to do it like a human, with tools.

After just over half an hour I had gotten the shackles off of both hands and feet. It was about 4 in the morning, and I had to get some sleep before I had to return to the most likely burnt down building. But first I chanted a spell that made Shane unable to track me.

I laid myself on the mattress after checking that the spell was effective, which I could through my crystal ball.

Shane was back in his home in the woods and looked anything but amused, he really couldn't track my scent and it made him furious. But at the same time, I could feel his pain, the bond was not strong because he had not given me his mark, but it was still strong enough for me to feel his emotions and probably vice versa.

The second my head hit my pillow, I fell asleep. I had to get up again in a few hours because I had to correct the irresponsible witches little outbreak.

Luna's POV

it was around midnight and I woke up in a bed I didn't know, I was immediately a little panicky. But when Chris came through the door I was calm again, I trusted Chris and knew he would never do anything to harm me in any way, he would always be there for me no matter what.

He certainly had been under the little party interference. Although I was not completely conscious when he had confronted me and had caught me before I collapsed outside the building. Though I didn't know how far away I actually was from the little firework when it happened.

"Are you okay?" Chris asked. You could hear the concern in his voice.

"Beyond the fact, I probably have burnt all my colleagues, yeah, so-so," I answered sarcastically. I was always sarcastic when I was worried or afraid.

"No one got hurt, I made sure of it." Chris insured.

"That good, but why aren't you afraid of me?" I wondered.

"I've known for a long time that you weren't a normal human being" Chris replied nonchalantly.

"Exactly how long? Because I haven't even known about it for more than a couple of days." I questioned.

"Since you were about 15, while we were together in Miami with your parents," Chris explained.

"How?"

"I have a nose for it." Chris joked a little.

"Okay, a little more explanation please," I demanded to wonder.