The fire... that all changed...

Izuku's POV:

I didn't know why but I woke up in the middle of the night and normally it wasn't something I would do. If anyone asked, I was a pretty heavy sleeper. Tokoyami was the light one with Dark Shadow but something was definitely wrong. I felt hot and not only that but breathing was really hard and the same smell started to be a lot worse.

Huh...

What is this smell...

I know it from somewhere...

This smells burned a bit...

BURNED?!

The moment my mind wrapped up things together, my eyes flew open and I jumped out of bed only to see the heavy smoke in the room. This wasn't normal. DEFINITELLY NOT NORMAL! It was night and all but the room was soo much covered in actual smoke that I couldn't breath but only cough.

Me: Toko!

Nothing.

Me: TOKO!

Again nothing.

Something was wrong. Why was I the only one awake if he had Dark Shadow. The feeling of something worse going on started to make itself more and more present down in my stomach pit. I hated that feeling.

Me: Dark Shadow?!

Nothing again.

So I jumped out of my bed only to fall down on the ground coughing. Little did I know that the smell we both smelled before was gas and that bird was out completely. I knew something was wrong but then again, when was something not wrong? We would get beaten up on a daily basis and everything, so feeling bad wasn't something new at all. It was something that we were already used to anyways.

Me: TOKO!

Again nothing.

I have to get us out.

This isn't a joke anymore.

Something is wrong...

My skin...

It hurts!

All that smoke and the shirt I was wearing which was leaving my skin to be pretty much open and visible made it somewhat hard for me. My wings were actually my tattoos on my skin and they were fairy like wings. I loved them but I also was soo scared of hights that also meant I didn't liked people seeing and then actually forcing me to use them. Not only that but they were sensitive and all this smoke was making them burn.

Me: TOKO! DAMN *cough* BIRD!

No matter how much I screamed he didn't wake up but desperate the pain I felt, I actually made my way to him and then tried to wake him up. There was no doubt in my mind that I was too weak to actually carry him around. Out of us both, he was the heavy one and a heavy eater as well. I on the other hand, as tender as I was, I was also underweight. I mean we both were but Toko was on the better side than me who refused to eat sometimes because of how much the food was smelling. Sometimes it just made me want to throw up and just never eat again.

Me: TOKO!

Since shaking didn't worked, I took off my shirt and turned around. For the first time in a while I opened my wings from around my skin and started to actually wave some air against him. I hoped that the breeze I was creating was actually able to wake him up.

PLEASE!

WAKE UP!

We have to get out of here!

Come on!

Thankfully he woke up and not only that but he definitely fell out of the bed. We might be sharing a bad but I just threw him off the other side with the power of my wings. I mean as far as I could tell, I could fly fast but I never ever flew before at all. Another problem was that I didn't really knew how to fly or anything else to do with my wings then create that gush of wind as well as make a surrying sound which could be high pitched as well.

Me: TOKO!

Tokoyami: What?

Me: Dark Shadow, drag him out! We need to get out!

I quickly started to hide my wings again and put the shirt back up. This wasn't the time for it but I needed it. My wings were not only burning me but I felt as if a hundred needles were actually pinching me right now.

Me: COME ON!

As much as I would have let him talk, I couldn't we were in a dangerous situation and the moment we actually opened the door, flames came our way.

SHIT!

We have to get out of here!

To make it short, we were trapped completely if not for the fact that both of us knew the way around.

Tokoyami: ROOFTOP!

Me: GOOD THINKING!

For some reason we started screaming at each other. It might be the adrenaline but it also might just be the thing that we were in a burning house and somehow had to escape from here. No matter what we had to get out of here first. Even the rooftop would be safer than this room.

So without much thinking or hesitating we both dove into the flames in the hallway which thankfully still weren't that big but we could tell that it was getting hotter and hotter by each passing minute.

Me: Toko?

Toko: I gotcha!