Plague Doctor

Tokoyami's POV:

As soon as Izuku and I were split up they took me into a separate room to get checked out. I assumed they did similar with Izuku. Inside the room, was a nurse with a kit for fire burns. They must have gotten the point of there was a fire before hand because I also saw water too.

Nurse: Are you hurting anywhere or burnt?

Me: Not really... Actually my eyes are itching a little...

Nurse: Do they normally itch or did it start just now?

Me: Just now.

I realized she had a notepad with her taking notes as I spoke. Is this even a real doctor or a student. I realized it was the former as the real doctor came in the room looking tired. The student nurse which as asking the questions flinched as he started speaking.

Doctor: What the hell are you doing? I told you to wait on me.

Student: I am sorry, I was just taking notes on the patient.

Doctor: My job. Not yours. How are you feeling.

Me: I am fine, where is Izuku?

Doctor: Don't know who your talking about nor do I care.

Me: What?

Doctor: Is anything Wrong with you. Not your buddy.

Me: I said no already.

Nurse: Is there anything you might need?

Me: No. But seriously. Which one of you is the real doctor?

Nurse: What Happened to your eyes?

Me: They stopped.

They just kept asking me the same questions over and over again. I didn't understand what the point was until finally they asked me what the cause of the fire was. Somehow I don't think the police told them I wasn't involved. Why would I be covered in soot and ash if I was.

Me: You don't think I am involved in this do you?

Doctor: No. We are just trying to assist the police in finding what was the cause of the fire.

Me: I've already said we were both asleep when it happened.

Doctor: Okay then. I need you to take off your shirt.

Me: Why?

Doctor: You could have gotten burned from the smoke and not know it.

Me: But why?

Doctor: Just take off the shirt.

Me: ... fine.. Happy?

Doctor: No. I don't see much but ash on you. Alright, Hand me a flashlight please.

Nurse: Here.

He started flashing it in my eyes and for some reason I couldn't stand it. It was light staring at the sun from close range. I had to blink quite hard not to turn away.

Doctor: Keep your eyes open please.

Me: The light is too bright... What sun did you bring in here!?

Nurse: Its a low light flashlight... It shouldn't hurt that much.

Doctor: Get the one meant for light sensitive people.

Nurse: Here.

He flashed this one in my eyes, it hurt less but I still had to blink alot. It was like staring at a bright light for a long time while feeling your eyes disintegrate.

Doctor: I'm guessing this one is too bright too?

Me: No shit sherlock. Must have taken all of your brain cells.

Doctor: How bad?

Me: Like looking at a high powered flashlight this time.

Nurse: How much smoke was in the room when you woke up?

Me: Plenty. It was filled from top to bottom.

Doctor: With that much you had to have a shit ton of smoke in your eyes.

Me: Your point is?

Doctor: My point is you should've squinted.

Nurse: You have too much smoke in your eyes which ruined the outer layer of your eyes. However if you take eye drops every few hours it should be fixed.

Me: Any specifics?

Doctors: You fucked up your vision tempararily and you taking eye drops. Clear enough for ya yet or do I have to say it again?

Me: Clear...

From here on they left the room telling me to wait on somebody to get me and they shouldn't take long. I ended up locked in a room on a chair waiting for a escort for me. It took a long time for people to come back inside the room but when they did. What I saw was a very tired person walk in wearing what looked like scraps of cloth.

Me: Are you the supposed "escort" or am I wrong?

???: I am.

Me: Would you like to tell me who you are or you staying mysterious?