How different he is...

Izuku's POV:

I was starting to get sleepy but the cat in my lap worked wonders since it was purring and really docile right now. That one demonic hero put me down on the sofa and started to bandage up my feet since there were still some shards inside. Honestly it was starting to get hard to come up with excuses. I really hoped it was enough for now to have made them accept that as reality.

I wonder if Toko will accept that excuse.

It's not like I can just straight up tell him

Hey Toko, you know I've been staying with the number three hero and he locked me out in the rain and threw me on the balcony at the top of his agency. .. .

Yeah nooo...

That is not even a possibility.

That is my worst nightmare!

Who knows what he or they will do.

He is a good hero after all.

While I was starting to play with the cat or more like pet it to sleep I could see Toko who was still eying me out. He for sure didn't believed me at all. There was nothing I could do for that tho. But! There was something else I could do and so I looked at his quirk and opened my arm. It was an open invitation for it to come and lean against my hand so I can scratch the shadows kin.

Me: How have you been Dark Shadow? Been a while that I've seen you too.

Dark Shadow: ...I am fine...

Me: You are usually not that silent either. Is Toko taking care of you or focusing on his new cat cult?

Dark Shadow: He is taking care of me...

Me: What's wrong with you then? We used to chat soo much as well and here you are hiding the whole time. Toko what have you done?

I remember the nights when me and Dark Shadow would stay awake till we see the sun light coming through the window or waking up Tokoyami who would scream at us lunatics for beings still up. Now seeing the being this quite made me a bit worried. I wasn't one to talk about quirks since I was hiding mine plus got such a huge scare when I am just one meter above the ground. So who was I to judge but these two... nah there was something going on.

Me: Spill it! What's wrong with you two!

Tokoyami: Nothing I swear! I mean.. Nothing.

Me: Then why so *cough* silent?

My head os killing me...

I wonder if I can just sleep for a bit...

Maybe not a good idea.

I don't want them to know that I am more sick than I am.

Maybe I should dipp...

It's a long way back but better than staying here...

That one cat looks as if I am next meal

..

I don't like this.

I felt shit right now and to make matters worse I tried staying up soo hard till i couldn't anymore and I think I might have collapsed slightly because the next thing I know was Hawks carrying me out of the house. He didn't looked happy when we arrived and when he put me down on a bed.

Hawks: Why did you do that?

Me: Hm?

Hawks: Run away... what did you even think when you jumped out of a window from the second story?! It could have hurt you!

Me: I... You don't want me here!

Hawks: Who told you that?

Me: You said that.

Hawks: Look feathers... I didn't plan on getting you here and I have a lot to do.... I am not confident to take care of you not to mention I have no idea how to do it.

He looked quite helpless something must have happened to him to react like this right now. I mean why else would he just start talking like this when he clearly didn't wanted me here. One life is still not enough when he could save soo many other right?

Hawks: Ki- Izuku, rest for now. We will talk again when you get better.

Me: *cough* What about James?

Hawks: He left....

Me: *cough*...

Hawks: You know Eraserhead is right... how in the world did you run and didn't feel the pain? Your skin is also a bit red.

Me: Sensitive skin...

Hawks: That's what he told me too but between us, that's not a tattoo is it?

Me: ....

What was I supposed to say here? Should I have admitted that this was my quirk or not? I was scared and my damn head was killing me. The headache I felt was worse than usual but I had fever so no surprise there.

Hawks: You don't have to answer. Just rest for now.

With that he left the room but I saw a feather which was on the floor. It slowly but surely fell down and somewhat I got sleepy by watching it fall not that I wasn't the whole time anyways. So I gave in knowing I couldn't fight against it anyways.