Earth Skills (Part Two)

"Violet, hang on." Finn knelt down next to her, pressing his hand to the side of her face, dried blood over a gash in her skin.
She inhaled sharply, pulling away as he sighed.

"Clarke, can you just look at her for a second!" Finn sighed impatiently.
"She'll be fine, we have to get back!" Clarke argued.
"Scale of one to ten, how bad does it hurt?" Finn asked.
She sighed, looking at him as he cut her off, "and be honest." 
"One."
"I said not to lie."
"It doesn't hurt." She fibbed.

"Come on," He held his arms out, he's turning towards her, as she shook her head. "No, no! I'm okay."
"She's just stressed about Jasper, okay? She'll look at it when we get back to camp." He whispered.
She nodded, continuing to walk besides him, eventually ending up in his arms half an hour later, falling asleep.
He walked behind the group on the way back, holding onto Violet, until finally catching up to Clarke and Octavia.

"Hey."
"Clarke, I know your worried about Jasper right now, but she slammed her head into the rocks, hard."
"Finn, five minutes till we get to camp, okay? As soon as we get there I'll look!"

"She's so little." Finn broke the few moments of silence.
"How did she even get locked up? She's gotta be the youngest out of all one hundred of us." Octavia spoke.
"Ninety-eight." Clarke corrected.
"Ninety-eight, yeah." Octavia sighed.
"She's young, probably did something stupid." Monty murmured.

"I just don't understand why somebody would even think about sending a kid, like her, down here to die."
"She's got guts though, did you see how she punched Murphy?" Finn smiled.

"FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!"
"What the hell?" Monty whispered, the silence of the forest being broken by a loud chanting coming up ahead of them.
"Oh, damn it!" Clarke groaned, running ahead of them and into the clearing.

"Hey! Let go of him!" Clarke shouted.
Octavia and Monty went ahead of Finn, running after Clarke.
Finn made it into the clearing, watching as Wells shoved Murphy down into the hard dirt, as he got back up, swinging at Wells.
"Woah, hey!" Bellamy grabbed him, holding his shoulders.
"Enough, Murphy!"

"Octavia!" Bellamy ran over to her, shoving Finn out of the way, noticing his sister had been limping and being half carried by Monty's shoulder.
He stumbled to the side, as Violet woke up to all the motion, tired and confused.
"Sorry." He whispered.

"Are you okay?" Bellamy knelt down by Octavia, inspecting her leg.
"Yeah, fine." Octavia winced.
"Tell Clarke I'm going to find somewhere to let Violet sleep, will you?" Finn looked at Wells, who nodded.

He carried Violet towards the drop ship, the floor covered in blankets and fabric that the hundred had found.
He laid her down gently as she rubbed her eyes and grumbled, covering her with a second blanket.
"Go back to sleep, it's okay." He whispered.
The makeshift curtains of the drop shift moved, as Finn turned around.

"Let me look at her head." Clarke spoke quietly, sitting down next to Finn.
"Here, sit up." She put her arm behind Violets head, helping her sit up as she turned her head and looked at the wound on her head.
"I'm sorry I didn't look earlier."
"It's okay."
"It's not too bad, it's deep and you could use stitches but there's nothing I can do besides cover it and keep an eye on it."

"That's all?" Finn scoffed.
"What do you want me to do? We have nothing, we're on Earth, Finn!"
"I know but can't you check her for a concussion or something!"
Clarke sighed, rubbing her eyes and she looked at Violet.
"Violet what year is it?"
"2147."
"Who's the Chancellor?"
"Jaha."
"What's your name?"
"Violet."
"She's fine." Clarke sighed, standing up and leaving.

"You should get some rest, okay?"
"Cant you stay with me a for a little?"
"I have to help out, find Jasper you know?"

"Finn! Come out and help!"
"I'm sorry, just stay here and rest. We'll do something later."
Violet nodded, letting Finn leave.
She sat up after he left, sighing uncomfortably as something echoed from up the ladder.

"Ow! Damn it!"

She stood up, making her way up the ladder slowly and looking around.
Monty was sat in the far back corner, using a small lantern light to see.
She stood up, walking over towards his little corner.
"Hi."
"Hi."
"What are you doing?"
"Sit, I'll show you."
She stepped over a storage box, sitting down across from him.
"Jesus, you look rough."
"Give me a break, I slammed my head into a rock." She laughed.
"See this? I took one of the wristbands Murphy or somebody took off, and I'm trying to rewire it into a radio, or something."
"Will that really work?"
"That's what I gotta figure out."

The sound of somebody coming up the ladder echoed, as Monty turned off the lamp, and held a finger to his lips, telling Violet to be quiet.

Clarke stood up, grabbing things from around her, extra seatbelt bands, and fabric and other supplies.
She shoved them into a long black bag tied together, as she sat down in the middle of the floor, taking a few deep breaths.
Another set of boots echoed, coming up the ladder, as Violet moved closer to Monty.

"There you are." Wells said standing up, "When my father said he didn't leave us anything he really meant it."
Clarke didn't respond, instead looking at him, then down to his arm and grabbing his left hand, inspecting a wound.
"It's just a scratch, really."
"You're making friends fast, keep it covered, it could get infected." She pulled her bag over her arm, looking at his bag, "nice pack."
"Yeah, seatbelts and insulation. I also packed part of the parachute, figured we could use it to carry out Jasper."
"Good. Give it to someone else." She interrupted him.
"You're not coming with us." Clarke turned away from him, starting back down the ladder.
"My ankles fine!" He followed her.
"It's not your ankle Wells, it's you."
Their voices quieted, both of them leaving the drop ship.

They both waited for a moment, before he turned the light on again.
"How come you didn't turn off the light for me?"
"You're small, light footsteps, so I knew who you were."
"That's freaky."
He picked up his tweezers again, pulling apart the wires of the wristband.
"Can you hold this?" Monty pointed to a thin blue wire, as Violet nodded and held it with her fingers.

"Nobody's bitch hmm?"
Violet turned around, still holding onto the wire.

"Maybe one of these days you'll realize you can't control me."
"You know, that guy you were with?" Atom asked, smiling a little.
"Did you know he was in for murder? What's funny is, I'm protecting him from you."
He turned his body, heading back down the ladder quickly, pulling the hatch down as Octavia yelled.
"Hey, hey, hey! What are you doing?!"
"Consider yourself controlled!"
"Is this all you got! They locked me under the floor for sixteen years just for being born! This is nothing."

"Ahem."
"You wanna keep it down?" Monty cocked his head, Octavia looking at the two of them.
"You hang out with seven year olds now?"
"The seven year old is quiet, unlike you."
"So, whatcha doing?" Octavia joined him and Violet sitting down next to her.
"Trying to contact the Ark."

Violet rubbed her nose, leaning her head against the wall.
"Any luck?" she asked.
"I screwed up the sensors in this wristband." Monty sighed. 
"Ooh, use mine, for all I care the Ark can think I'm dead." Octavia held out her arm eagerly.
"Are you sure?"
"Always."
"If you say so." Monty grabbed a screwdriver, pushing it into the connectors of the bracelet.
"So, you and Jasper are close?"
"He may not be my real brother, but he's always been there. Every memory I have, there's Jasper."
"I should be out there." He sighed.

"You're not gonna cry are you?"
"Shut up," Monty laughed, "you sure about this? You're brother wouldn't approve of you helping contact the Ark."
"He's not my keeper. Lets just do this! Lets do it."
Monty put the screwdriver down, using a flattened and smoothed out thick piece of scrap metal, pushing it between her wrist and the actual wristband, pushing upwards as it clicked, falling off.
"Ow! Son of a-"
"Sorry."
Monty held it up to the lantern in the middle of them, watching as the blue sensors faded.
"Dead."
Octavia groaned.
"Damn it."
"If we can't even take it off how do you expect to turn it into a radio?"

Monty didn't answer, looking up as the hatch door clanged, as Atom opened it up again.
"Go, I'll be fine, work to do."
"Just you and me Violet." Monty sighed looking up at her.
She nodded, not paying attention. 
"Violet."
"What?"
"Go outside, you don't wanna be up here watching me do boring stuff."
"I wanna do the boring stuff."
"Okay then, it's you and me versus science."