Clover

"You threw it, in the river?"

"You're all lucky I didn't throw it off a cliff." Bellamy rolled his eyes, trudging into the river, searching for the radio.

"Come on, Vi."

Finn put his hand on her shoulder, nudging her along as she walked down to the river.

"Don't go far, stay where Raven can see you."

"I know." She remarked, stepping into the cold frigid water after rolling her pant legs up and looking around.

Bellamy was walking around in the water, his hands shoved in his pockets, as was Raven.

Violet sighed, walking out into the water, ankle deep, as she ran her hands through the water picking up stones and miscellaneous objects.

A sparkling item in the water caught her attention, as she rolled her sleeves up, her hand moving after the item.

A silver something, rusted and old was caught underneath some of the rocks.

"Oh, come on!" She whispered to herself, pulling on the chain.

The item let go, with less force than what Violet thought she needed, causing her to fall backwards and land in the water. She stood up, wiping her face with her hands and looking at what she had found.
An old rusted pop can.

"Boring."

"Hey! I found it!"

Violet wrung out her hair, walking back towards the others.

Jones, one of Bellamy's friends had found the soaking radio, as Violet walked up to him, standing next to Finn.

"Can you fix it?" Clarke asked her, as Raven turned it over in her hands.

"Maybe, but it'll take half a day just to dry out the components and see what's ruined."

"Like I said, it's too late." Bellamy shook his head, watching the others as he did nothing.

"Do you have any idea what you did?" Clarke moved towards him, getting in his face.

"Do you even care?" She shouted.

"You asked me to help, I helped!"

"There hundred people are gonna die today! Because of you!"

"Hold up, we don't have to talk to the Ark! We just have to let them know we're down here, right?" She looked around, an idea forming in her head.

"Yeah, but how do we do that with no radio?" Finn responded.

Raven smiled, looking at them.
"Flares."
"Flares? Where the hell do we get those?"

"My pod, the excess boosters that didn't launch, we start them at the right time, and the Ark should see them, and Violets our key."

Raven looked at Violet, staring at her for a moment before speaking, "Why are you soaking wet?"

"We don't gotta talk about it."

"Okaay, anyways, you're the youngest here, right? If you can survive on the ground, that's good enough to convince them everyone can survive."

"Just cause she's tiny?" Bellamy snickered.
"Because she's seven, she can hunt on her own, she can make bows, and she knows how to navigate the woods. She's our lucky shot on getting everybody down here." Finn snapped.

"Should have named you Clover." He nudged her with his elbow, earring a toothy smile, as Raven clapped her hands.

"Help me take apart the pod, all of you!"
The group ran back over to her pod, lifting the door open as she pulled a small little chain off the front control panel, jamming it into the far left outer wall, as it opened, nearly falling as Raven caught it.

"We need to launch those flares, asap! Finn, get this panel to camp. You," she pointed to somebody working on a getting the flares out, "pull out those firing circuits in one piece, or they won't work. Clarke, can I get a hand?"

Violet walked up to Bellamy, poking his shoulder.

"What?"

"Help me get up there." She pointed to the roofing of the pod, and back at him. "Why the hell do you need to get up there?"

"Monty said he needed panels, like the ones on the big dropship, except not fried, are you helping or not?"

"What do you want me to do?" He sighed.

Violet looked at him with a confused expression, and huffed. "You lift me up there? It's not that hard, like you said, I'm tiny."

Bellamy rolled his eyes, leaning down as he wrapped his arms under her shoulders, lifting her up in the air, as she grabbed onto the rails, putting her feet down on the roofing as he watched from the ground.

She sat on her knees, digging her fingers under the sides of the circuit panels, as they each lifted, one by one, in what seemed like working order.

She pulled the last panel off, moving closer to the edge.
"Okay, I got them!" She swung her legs over the railing, stopping as she realized Bellamy had disappeared.

"Oh."

She sighed, holding onto the panels with one arm, using the other to scoot herself closer to the edge of the pod.

She slid down, landing on her bottom, as she stood up.

"Violet, come on we gotta go!" Finn called out, waving her over towards the path in the woods.

She ran over, carrying the panels back to the drop ship.
"I got circuit panels, for Monty."

"We can make a radio?" Finn smiled.

"I dunno, we'll find out." She shrugged.