Radio Silence

"Murphy? What are you doing?" 

"We told you to stay out of here!" Violet yelled.

"Lorie, what are you yelling about?"

Violet looked up in fear, as Jasper came down the ladder behind Lorie.

"Murphy just suffocated that kid! Violet watched the whole thing." 

"What?"

"He killed Connor! Suffocated him and everything!"

Violet watched as Jaspers eyes trailed down to the rifle laying on a nearby table, as he looked back up at Violet.
Before Jasper could even move, Violet had her hands on the gun, pointing it at Lorie.

"V-Violet, put it down!"

"NO!" Violet screamed.

"PUT IT DOWN! LISTEN TO US!"

"SHUT UP!"

"DROP IT!"

Murphy grabbed Violets arm, pulling her away from Lorie and Jasper, then taking the rifle away from her.

He pushed her behind himself, pointing the gun at both Lorie and Jasper, "I'll kill you both right now, don't move."

"Violet, come here!" Lorie pleaded, putting her arm out towards Violets direction.
"Touch her and I'll kill you!" Murphy yelled.

A loud gunshot echoed, leaving Violet deaf for a few seconds, as Lorie fell of the ladder, hitting the cold metal floor.

"Murphy, just put the gun down." Jasper whispered.
"He tried to kill me." Murphy explained, Jasper beginning to back away.

"Hey! Don't, move!" He pointed the rifle at Jasper, as he nodded.

"Okay, okay! It's cool."

"No. It's not. You know what'll happen to me if you tell Bellamy."

"Jasper, give me the-"

"Tell Bellamy what?"

"Give me the radio, Jasper." Murphy sighed, realizing he was holding a radio behind his back.

"Not happening." Jasper said quietly.

"Give it to Violet, then."

Violet moved in front of Murphy, holding her hands out as Jasper nodded.

Jasper reached into his pocket, pulling the radio out as he backed up quickly, "Murphy has a gun, he killed Connor-"

"Shut the hell up!" Murphy shouted, pistol whipping him as he fell unconscious.

"Murphy, what the hell are you doing?"

"Violet, go! Get out of here. Only one of us needs to die."

"What? We can both make it-"

"Violet, thanks for trying to save me, but you just watched me kill somebody in front of Jasper. Get out."

"I didn't watch-"

"Violet, go!"

Violet looked down at Jasper, and back up at Murphy, before hugging him quickly. "I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry."

"It's whatever, get out of here." Murphy pointed to the door, urging her to leave, "There's a set of tunnels, they connect everything, our campsite, the grounders, everything. Find them."

She grabbed a small knife off of the table, shoving it into her pocket and running.

Running out of the dropship just as she heard the mechanical whirring of the dropship door closing.

"MURPHY!"