The Stars

"They're back!"

Violet and Monty both stood up from where they were sitting, both of them running towards the ladder, climbing down quickly.

"Monty, hurry up!" Violet ran out of the drop ship, Monty following closely behind.
"Jasper!" He shouted, running towards his best friend.
"Holy shit."
Violet ran up to the group, finding Finn in the crowd, and moving next to him.
"Hey." He said quietly, putting his hand on her shoulder.
"We got food on the way back."

Violet nodded, standing on her tiptoes and looking back up at Finn.

"I have to show you something!" She said excitedly, tugging on his hand.
"Okay, okay! I'm coming!" He laughed, following her.

Her boots crunched through the damp soil and falling leaves, making her way back to the drop ship, as Finn followed her up the ladder.
"What are you showing me?" He asked.
Violet reached over the storage boxes in the corner, where her and Monty had spent hours together, picking something up.
"I made a bow."
She handed it to him, as he passed it over in his hands.
"This is good, this is really good."
"I made arrows too."
She dug in her pocket, passing two arrows to him.
"Does it work?"
"It works, come on!" She motioned for him to follow again, climbing down the ladder as he followed.
He followed her to the backside of the drop shop, into the deep woods, where Violet took the bow, and an arrow out of his hands.

"Are you ready?"
"Mhm."
She put the arrow in between her fingers, resting on the bow string as she pulled the string back, and let go, the arrow hitting the trunk of a tree as it embedded itself a good inch into the tree.
"Woah."
"My parents showed me when I was younger."
She handed Finn the bow, as he did the same thing she showed him.
"Wait!"
She stood on her tiptoes, pushing the bow a smidge farther to his right, as she nodded, "okay."
He let go, as the arrow made its way into the same space, a few inches lower from Violets arrow.
"Violet these are really good, you should make more."
"I don't have enough sticks, we'd have to wait."
"Not if the two of us are together, we can make more now, we could use weapons right now more than ever, those grounder people, aren't very friendly."

"Look for sticks that have a sort of 'C' shape, and ones that aren't too thin either."
"Got it."

She pulled the two arrows out of the tree ahead of them, walking around for a few minutes, picking up sticks that would do the job.
She found a large pine tree, with dozens and dozens of branches hanging off the top of it.
She put her foot against a branch, jumping up on her other leg as she caught her body on the tree, maneuvering her way up the tree.
She could see almost the whole campsite from where she was, a layer of sap coating her hands, and at this point, now stuck to her hair. 

She sat down on a thick branch, holding one hand on the branch above her to keep her steady, and her free hand dangling down.
She could tell that mostly everybody had to be inside the tents or the dropship, as nobody but a few people were outside.
She heard a twig snap below her, as she looked down, seeing Finn climbing up to her.

"How did you see me?"
"I just did." He laughed, sitting down besides her.
The air was getting chilly as the sun set below the horizon, providing no more extra warmth, or light for that matter.
"You see that?"
Finn pointed to a bright star in the distance.
"Yeah? What about it?" She asked, not seeing anything unnatural about the star.
"That's the Ark. Your parents are up there."
Violet sighed, looking at him anxiously.

"I never told you why I was down here did I?"
"No, actually. You said you would, just never did."
"My parents got floated, they wouldn't tell me why, and I never figured it out, but I was forced to watch them,-"

"-Wait when was this?" Finn cut her off.
"Four years ago."
"Violet, you were three?"
"Mhm. The guards made me watch them die, and seeing them getting sucked away from me was really scary, so I was angry, and I was sad. So I punched a guard, and screamed at him telling him he was a bad man, and they put me up in skybox."

"Just for that?" He scoffed.
"For that." She whispered.
"Violet, I'm so sorry."
"Yeah," she wiped her eyes with her palms for a second and cleared her throat.

"So, what did you do?" She asked.
"I didn't actually do anything, just don't tell anybody that. My girlfriend, Raven, went on an illegal space walk, so I covered for her cause she would of been floated right away."

"Raven Reyes?"
"Uh, yeah?"
"I know Raven! My mom used to work with her! Raven was like a second mom to me when my parents got floated."

"I guess I'm your dad now?"
Violet shot him a weird look, shaking her head, "That's just weird." She laughed, resting her head on his shoulder looking up at the stars in the skies.
"I do like you though, you kept me safe when I was scared."
Finn smiled, wrapping his arm around her, both of them enjoying the star filled sky.