Gabriella Sarmiento WilsonNashville, Tennessee7:22pm

Nashville, Tennessee
7:22pm

i'm driving in my car down the highway, going 15 miles over the speed limit.

does this car go any faster?

i place my foot down on the accelerator, picking up a little more speed as i move past the country flats past my window.

my breath is quickening, matching the fast temp to my heartbeat.

ever since i decided to leave the house, i haven't been able to control the strong desire i suddenly have to see and hear him.

the feeling is strong.

i'm almost there. just off this exit

i haven't planned yet what to do when i arrive. all i know is that i have to go, more than anything.

the street that the lake is on is in front of me, and i drive down it.

and there it is, reid's red truck parked by the lake.

he's standing outside, and when he looks and sees me, his entire face lights up.

i don't even turn the car off; i just swing the car door open and run towards him.

"gabriella, you came"

i don't respond as i run as fast as i can toward the red pickup.

when i reach him, i open my arms, and he lifts me. our lips meet and i kiss him passionately.

i let myself melt into his familiar taste.

after what feels like hours, he slowly brings me back down so my feet are touching the ground again.

"wow"

he takes a moment to catch his breath after the intense kiss.

"yeah. wow"

we both laugh nervously.

"what was that?"

"i just couldn't stop myself. i knew what i wanted when i was on my way over"

i look at him and bite my lip.

"what i needed"

he looks at me and pulls me into his arms again.