16

Gabriella Sarmiento WilsonNashville, Tennessee10:52am

Nashville, Tennessee
10:52am

i'm sitting in the hospital room with my grandfather, my husband and... reid.

he stands there in the doorway, unable to speak.

"i said who are you?"

i've feared this moment for months.

i've tried so hard to avoid this from happening: reid and brian in the same room.

i am stuck at a crossroads: either make up another lie to buy me some more time, or, regrettably, tell him the truth.

but even though all of these lies are killing me inside, i'm not ready to utter the truth to him yet.

"this is reid"

brian turns to me with an angry expression on his face.

"i didn't ask you"

he turns back to reid, gets up off the chair and walks towards him.

reid is scared, but he hides it, well.

"i'm reid"

"what are you doing here, reid?"

i can feel the anxiety rising in my chest as i desperately wait to hear what reid will say.

reid only looks at me for half a second, but it's enough for me to tell him that i'm not ready to share the truth.

"i'm helping earl out at the label"

i look at my grandfather sitting on the bed surprisingly.

again, i take half a second to communicate that he better play along with this.

brian turns to face my grandpa.

"he's helping you at the label?"

"mmhm. yes, that's true"

grandpa is trying hard to make this sound convincing.

"he used to help out back when him and gab were dating. i needed help, so i called in an old friend"

brian stands there, trying to process everything.

i can see his is unsure, still feeling suspicious.