14

Reid DeMun RyderDallas, Texas 3:28pm

Reid DeMun Ryder
Dallas, Texas
3:28pm

i've been in dallas for a few weeks now. the tour is going great, and it's a dream come true for me and my band.

but nothing compares to how i feel with her.

i'm sitting in my hotel room, having some downtime before the final show at the echo lounge tonight.

like i have spent most days since i've been there, i open up my instagram app and type in gabriella's profile.

i wonder what she has been up to recently

it has been a few days since i sent off my last letter to her.

i see, that she has posted a new photo 24 hours ago.

it's a photo of her and holly at the hammer heads show.

my god, she looks so beautiful. as always

since i've left her in nashville, i haven't communicated with her outside of the secret letters.

i know it would be to risky to communicate with her over social media, as her husband could be on the watch.

on the other hand, i want her to know i am there, keeping a bond between us beyond just the letters.

should i like her photo? or is it too risky?

"it's just one photo"

i bring my finger to hover over the image.

i give myself one last chance to back out, wondering if i will regret what i've done.

it's just one like, one photo. don't overthink it

my finger goes down on the screen and double-taps gabriella's photo.

i feel a rush of adrenaline. she'll be getting the notification any second now.

i exit the app and put my phone away.

what's done is done

i pick up my guitar and start strumming to distract myself.

before i even realize it, i'm playing an old melody i wrote years ago.

one i wrote with gabriella.

i forgot about this song. it's good, really good. we never did finish it, though