17

Gabriella Sarmiento WilsonNashville, Tennessee3:52pm

Nashville, Tennessee
3:52pm

the plan seemed perfect.

reid would be recording his next album in nashville, and i get would to see him whenever i wanted.

except reid just got off the phone with his manager, and the band is already set to go to indiana on monday.

"what? i don't understand. i thought you told me the band was on board to come to nashville"

reid looks down at the ground in disappointment.

"that was the plan. i told them that centre row studios would have space for us. everyone was into it"

"and then?"

"and then... i went to see you in nashville without telling anyone"

there it is.

the truth i was afraid of admitting.

"so if you had stayed and dealt with the studio space like you were supposed to, then we wouldn't be in this mess"

"yes"

great. i went and messed everything up

"but i don't want you thinking this is your fault"

"how could i not?"

"because, gab. it wasn't your fault your grandfather had a heart attack"

"but if i had told you in my letter that i was okay, you would have stayed"

reid walks up to me and places a hand on my cheek.

"it wouldn't have changed anything. i would have come either way. whether you said it or not, i knew you needed me"

even though i feel bad, i know it's the truth.

reid would have come to be with me no matter what i said.

i stare up at him, seeing the truthfulness in his eyes.

"i know you would have. because that's the kind of guy you are"

me and reid are standing close, his lips only inches apart from mine.

i lean in closer and close my eyes, letting myself melt into his kiss.