Gabriella Sarmiento WilsonNashville, Tennessee 11:40am

Nashville, Tennessee
11:40am

i feel like my heart has fallen out of my chest and onto the floor. i knew he would be leaving on tour eventually... but not this soon!

"what? how could that be?"

"our manager wants to get to memphis for the festival this week. he thinks it'll be good exposure for our new album. so we voted, and the rest of the band agreed"

he takes my hand in his.

"i was the only one who voted to stay in nashville for the tour"

"oh"

"i tried my best to change their minds, to make it work so we could still finish our shows here. but nobody bought it"

i pull my hand away.

the reality of him leaving becomes more apparent with each word that comes out of his mouth.

"gab. i wanted to stay with you for as long as possible. please believe me"

i can tell reid is trying hard to convince me that he wants to stay, but i can't help but feel the knot in my stomach; this isn't the first time he has done this.

"i want to. i do. but this is feeling a lot like what happened last time"

i feel the knot in my stomach tighten as i remember what happened six years ago.

"no, gabriella. this is nothing like last time. i've changed. i have"

he looks at me with tears in his eyes.

"i don't want to lose you again"

at these words from him, i begin to tear up too.

even though it has been six years, the pain of what happened still feels intense.

but weather he deserves it or not,  i know he has changed and that things do feel different than before.

there is more at stake because there are more possibilities than ever for the first time in awhile.

"oh, gab. please don't cry"

he walks up to me and wipes away a tear that has fallen down my cheek with his hand.

"this is just a lot to process. i knew you would be leaving, but i thought we had more time to figure things out"